DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: yahoo mail fix on 2.1. Really?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

yahoo mail fix on 2.1. Really?

We need a subthread on this, as the main 2.1 threads are unwieldy. How is yahoo mail working for those of you who have converted. Is it working with a simple signin as promised? Has it clogged up your sent file as before? Does it really still fail on wifi? Would love to get a wide cross section of opinion. Thanks...

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooid
    Got 2.1 this morning. Ran the Email app, put in my yahoo email address/password, fiddled with the options screen and bingo, everything worked. It puts a notification of new email in my bar and is pretty darn nice.

Remember, it only works over 3G, not WiFi.

I'd never even tried yahoo mail before today (just used the browser for it) and I must say I am quite happy with the results.
    We are The Droid.
    Lower your and surrender your .
    We will add your biological distinctiveness to our own.
    Your culture will adapt to service us.

Resistance is futile
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I've been using the browser too. They like us accessing via ad supported web. I was wondering if wifi would work if you paid for yahoo plus....
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    I've been using Yahoo Mail since the original Droid 2.0.0... I've never been able to figure out where people were having issues or how it wasn't supported. I have 6 accounts... I enter in my email address, then my password and click next. That's it, it has never not worked. I think it frustrates me as much as people saying it doesn't work because I just don't get how it doesn't work for other people.
    -Matt
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Yeah it's coded differently or something it's about 1000x better imo opinion.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdroid View Post
    I've been using Yahoo Mail since the original Droid 2.0.0... I've never been able to figure out where people were having issues or how it wasn't supported. I have 6 accounts... I enter in my email address, then my password and click next. That's it, it has never not worked. I think it frustrates me as much as people saying it doesn't work because I just don't get how it doesn't work for other people.
    I had gotten mine to work, but the new way it's done it alot better. Unlike you i was never able to do that on my phone, i always had to manually put in the server settings to get the email to work at all.
    Resistance is futile.

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Yahoo works "out of the box" now without having to change any settings. The one annoyance is that it is still filling up my Sent mail folder with about 25 instances of each message I send.

I'm also a little surprised that the Android mail client does not support IMAP Idle and push new messages to the device. I know Yahoo supports this as I used to have it setup on my Nokia.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdroid View Post
    Mine has always worked as well. Supposedly something to do with the approximate timeframe you signed up for the yahoo account.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal
    I've been using the browser too. They like us accessing via ad supported web. I was wondering if wifi would work if you paid for yahoo plus....
    Yes it will. Same goes for using the yahoo asia workaround (search the forum for it).
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dswan View Post
    Yahoo works "out of the box" now without having to change any settings. The one annoyance is that it is still filling up my Sent mail folder with about 25 instances of each message I send.

I'm also a little surprised that the Android mail client does not support IMAP Idle and push new messages to the device. I know Yahoo supports this as I used to have it setup on my Nokia.
    Yeah i stopped sending messages on my yahoo account because of the sent messages thing. One day i logged in and went to look for a sent message to find that i had 34000 sent messages, 33947 of them were the same message, and it was sent from my droid. Those are actually very close numbers to the real number of messages, i'm not really exaggerating.
    Resistance is futile.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by dswan View Post

Dang it!! That sent folder issue, still? Anyone else noticing that too?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links