DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help rooted droid keeps rebooting

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Help rooted droid keeps rebooting

I rooted my droid but dont remember with what version as its been a while since I've done it but then changed it to firmware 2.1 that gave me the nexus one features and thats when it started doing it. I got the motorola driod from verizon (if this helps) am also new to rooting as when I did it I was pretty happy with it and didnt mind it rebooted until now its just getting anoying. Any kind of help or suggestions would be greatly appreiciated.
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    go to sprecovery (power down then back on while holding x) click on simple nandrroid back up; latest
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Step 3: Preparing the Droid for Root
    Once you have unmounted the phone, it is now time to prepare the Droid to receive the Root files. You will be accessing Recovery Mode to do this, a special Android console which can be used to manually recover and install updates. Start by powering down the phone completely.
    While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.

After a few seconds, an Exclamation Mark icon will appear. You may now let go

Full System Backup Using Nandroid

by Root Your Droid on Jan.20, 2010, under Guides, Root
    As you learned in the Custom Recovery Image guide, SPRecovery is a powerful recovery replacement that allows you to make full system backups. What do we mean by “full system backup?” It is a package created by Nandroid, a utility within SPRecovery, that contains all of the data and system information on your phone. In essence, it’s a direct 1-to-1 copy of your Droid’s software. We can take this copy and save it in case something goes wrong. If we don’t like the way our Droid operates after a certain hack or if we brick it completely, we can take this backup and restore our phone to a working state.
    It’s a very simple process and does not require a computer at all. I recommend making a Nandroid backup at least once a month and before every major hack you perform on the Droid. You can never be too safe, and it would be a nuisance to backup to an earlier state that does not have your most recent data. Remember, save often; avoid frustration.
    Disclaimer
    (1/5)
    Requirements:

Step 1: Boot into SPRecovery
    Power down the Droid completely.
    While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.

After a few seconds, a green-gold colored Android logo should appear behind the SPRecovery Console menu.

You may now let go of X and are now ready to perform a Nandroid backup.

Step 2: Perform Backup
    From the SPRecovery menu, use the directional pad to navigate to “backup/restore”. Hit the gold, center button to select it. This will open a new menu with 4 options. For now, we will only concern ourselves with the “Simple Nandroid backup”. Select it at this time.

Once the process has begun, do not power off the phone or press any buttons. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a progress bar showing the progress of the system backup. In orange text, you will also see what is currently operating.

After a few minutes, the backup process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom.

You have now successfully backed up your Droid’s system. Next, you will learn how to restore a backup you’ve made.

Step 3: Perform Restore
    Navigate to the “backup/restore” menu until you see the 4 Nandroid options. This time we will select “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)”.

Once again the process is completely automatic. Just like in the backup, you will see a progress bar and informative text. After a few minutes, the restore process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom.
    Using “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)” is useful if you simply want to return to your most recent backup. However, if you want to restore to a specific backup out of a group, you will need to select “Advanced Nandroid restore”. The first menu option is “Choose backup”; select this.

images from: Full System Backup Using Nandroid | Root Your Droid
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Try flashing a different ROM or kernel.
    And the do as titan suggested; flash a different rom
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    thanks for the quick response I did everything except the flashing to a different rom. How do I flash a different rom?
    I found the options of

install/sdcard/update.tar as ROM
    install/sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
    and Choose ROM from SD card

should I use one of those options?
    Last edited by dandel3; 03-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Well first you need to download a new ROM. I'm assuming you're using ESE53 right now, so Bugless Beast, Smoked Glass, Simply Stunning, Ultimate Droid either will do. Follow the installation instructions on their respective threads.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks Titan. Am not to sure what rom am actuallyon but Ill search for one and try that.

Links