I just noticed today that I cannot manually sync my google and facebook stuff.
I normally have Background Data Turned on and Auto Sync turned off.
When I want to synch, I select the item I want to synch and thats it.
Today however, when I do that I get a message that says
"Cannot Manually sync. Sync for this item is currently disabled. To change your preference, temporarily turn on background data and automatic sync."
Now, I'd love to tell you that I didnt install anything new. Of course I've installed stuff. I install stuff all the time. I can tell you that I have deleted the last few things that I've installed. At least to the point that I knew Manual synch was working.