DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please help. Droid has the shakes

1. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    dude you got something sticky on your screen thats probably hardened and the screen thinks something is pressing or touching it.. I am guessing..least thats what mine does everytime I leave a sugar daddy on the screen all night to keep it warm
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    No, still no fix. We even tried Rooting it and it still ended up having the same problem. It does it randomly and it doesn't help to restore the phone to factory default.(Still does it)
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OGDroid/Droid Incredible
    i actually have the same "problem" but i think its due to the fact that i have a screen protector on..which didnt go on as smoothly as i wanted to...but i think before i put a SP on..it was ok..but idk bout u
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I reading this board since early November and every single time, as I recall, reading about an issue such as you are describing, it has been traced to 1) faulty chargers, 2) not factory chargers, 3) cheap usb cables and in one case a bad touch screen. I think yours may be a program that isn't working right or a malfunctioning widget. It seems that your problem goes away sometimes, after a battery pull, but comes back as, or after, you are loading programs and widgets back on the phone. Try not loading that stuff back and see if the problem still returns. Add programs and Icon back one at a time and see if the problem returns after a particular item is added. Good luck.

How's your battery life?
    Battery has been good considering OC'd and a few widgets. I'm running the battery down to the point where I assume I will get a warning, then reboot and recharge to see if I get some sort of "reset".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    dude you got something sticky on your screen thats probably hardened and the screen thinks something is pressing or touching it.. I am guessing..least thats what mine does everytime I leave a sugar daddy on the screen all night to keep it warm
    ...and...
    Quote Originally Posted by thebourbonnflip View Post
    i actually have the same "problem" but i think its due to the fact that i have a screen protector on..which didnt go on as smoothly as i wanted to...but i think before i put a SP on..it was ok..but idk bout u
    In regards both your suggestions, I thought it was the screen too but for the last two days it's fine when not charging. I peeled back the protector and tried it while charging and was still an issue.

I thought of the app issue and instead of going through the uninstallation of everything, I went ahead and installed ESE53 2.1 and before installing anything, I tried it. Low and behold, it was still an issue when charging, and that's straight from the fresh install.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    assuming you've rooted, you can boot into recovery, make a nandroid, put the nandroid on your computer. After going back to stock and all that, just re-root, open the recovery back up, put your nandroid back on your phone, and you'll have your past settings and home screen set-ups and all that jazz.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by christophersquid View Post
    assuming you've rooted, you can boot into recovery, make a nandroid, put the nandroid on your computer. After going back to stock and all that, just re-root, open the recovery back up, put your nandroid back on your phone, and you'll have your past settings and home screen set-ups and all that jazz.
    I have thought about going back to stock to SEE if that solves it. I've already restored back to a point BEFORE this problem occurred and without resolution.

Question, if I go back to stock, will SPRecovery still be there? Or do I have to reinstall after I root?
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID 2.0.1
    You sure...its not just your screen protector?

Have you tried taking it off?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    For all intensive purposes, it was almost off, but I'll try it. My brain says though that if it were the protector, it would be all the time, not just while charging.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID 2.0.1
    Yeah man...chances are you're right. But I've seen screen protectors cause touch issues......

But also...I just wanted to post something...even if mine wasn't the right answer

I just stumbled upon this thread and really appreciate the way you've been asking for help inspite of not having too many replies. I like the way you've just been adding more information to your thread....even if you hadn't found a fix yet.

Too many people (including myself) have a first response of giving up or getting angry at not immediately getting an answer to a posted question so its really refreshing to see someone doing something different.

Hope you get your issue worked out....

Worst comes to worst....do you have insurance? I do know that asurion has open enrollment right now, so that you can buy insurance even if you're past the 30 days.

Can you reproduce the problem?...if so verizon may give you a replacement without insurance if you think its a touch screen issue......but yeah you'll have to unroot first.

Good luck
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    This sucks. I have no advice, but I feel your pain. I hope someone has a fix for this... at least I can bump you up.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links