DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I dropped my Droid.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR

Help! I dropped my Droid.

I dropped my Droid getting out of my car and now it will not turn on. I've tried to take out and reinsert the battery but nothing. I have insurance but I had just rooted my phone and I was wondering if this will make a difference to Verizon assuming they can get it to work. If so is there anyway to unroot with out powering up? Maybe deleting files from the memory card? Thanks for any help.

Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Just remove the memory card before you take the phone back, then they wont know the difference.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by computermystro View Post
    Just remove the memory card before you take the phone back, then they wont know the difference.
    This is not true. He flashed his recovery.

If this is true...take it back and hope that they wont be able to get it to power up. If they can, and see it's rooted....your next cell phone bill may be about $500 higher than you think it should be.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by computermystro View Post
    This is not true. He flashed his recovery.

If this is true...take it back and hope that they wont be able to get it to power up. If they can, and see it's rooted....your next cell phone bill may be about $500 higher than you think it should be.
    Well if this is true, you might want to make sure you finish off the phone. I heard putting it in a microwave for a few seconds works well.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    man up pay the insurance. you rooted it you dropped it. why should verizon pay for it. and the chance of paying retail for the replacement should make it a no brainer
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchi View Post
    man up pay the insurance. you rooted it you dropped it. why should verizon pay for it. and the chance of paying retail for the replacement should make it a no brainer
    Problem is even if he uses insurance and they find it's been rooted they consider that voiding all warranties.

Run it over or something man! But....record video for all of us!
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    _Flomaster
    Phone
    DROOOOOOOOOOOiid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchi View Post
    Problem is even if he uses insurance and they find it's been rooted they consider that voiding all warranties.

Run it over or something man! But....record video for all of us!
    VERIZON WIRELESS DOES NOT HANDLE INSURANCE CLAIMS!

that being said Asurion does Welcome To Asurion's Online Resource Center no where in there does it say "rooting" your phone is against policy.
    this is pulled directly off their website:
    Wireless Phone Insurance

Complete peace of mind for the entire family!

• It can happen to you: 60 million phones are lost, stolen or damaged each year
    • Without insurance, the average cost of replacing your phone is $300!
    • Our coverage protects you from phone loss, theft and damage (even water damage)
    • We offer fast, easy replacement with overnight shipping to any address you choose
    • International replacement options available

Act fast! In most cases, you can only add insurance within 15 to 30 days of activation or upgrade!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid2.0.1
    Gucci, get off insurance companies wang....like they aren't making a killing of all us suckers every day. He didn't do anything wrong just dropped his phone. The rooting isnt what broke it gravity is. Why should rooting even be a bad thing. They say the droid is so we can have the freedom to do what we want with OUR own phone...he did. Why punish him for that. You sound like at&t and the iphone...
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtocolDroid View Post
    Gucci, get off insurance companies wang....like they aren't making a killing of all us suckers every day. He didn't do anything wrong just dropped his phone. The rooting isnt what broke it gravity is. Why should rooting even be a bad thing. They say the droid is so we can have the freedom to do what we want with OUR own phone...he did. Why punish him for that. You sound like at&t and the iphone...
    Forgive me while I pick apart this post.

I'll agree with you that rooting didnt kill his phone, so it really shouldnt relate to THIS warranty claim, but rooting allows you to do things to your phone that can kill it, so it should be included in warranty violations.

What really gets me is you claim he should be able to do what he wants with HIS phone, which I agree with. But, there's another side to that coin. If it's HIS phone, then it's HIS responsibility that it doesnt work anymore. Gravity only works when you let go of the phone (either by accident or on purpose). No one here is saying that he cant do what he wants with HIS phone, but it's also HIS problem when it stops working.

If you're truly happy that Verizon will not honor the warranty on a rooted phone, I suggest you either 1) dont root, 2) deal with the consequences when you root 3) find a charity that operates cell towers across America.

Also, you have no idea what the profit margin is for the insurance companies. If they gave away phones, they'd be out of business. That's that.

Rant over.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid2.0.1
    well seeing how i, we all pay seperate for cell towers. that isn't even included in your plan or what you pay for insurance. and Im not trying to make a huge stink about rooting I agree that there should be some discretion as to what the Warranty covers, but Im saying they make a fortune of all of us. So why some regular joe off the street is defending their profits i find obnoxious. I agree that rooting should not be covered under warranty but under insurance is a grey line. I mean yeah rooting can jack your phone, but so can playing catch with it or keeping it in your back pocket every time you sit down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links