DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 2 issues - 1 important, the other annoying!

  1. borregolinda's Avatar
    Member #
    28563
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Borrego Springs, CA
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    razr maxx hd
    #1

    2 issues - 1 important, the other annoying!

    OK, Verizon had to send me another Droid when the old one wouldn't turn on after having only a month. They sent a "Like new certified replacement". I'm really wishing I'd stayed with a BB when I upgraded. When I place a phone call the screen goes dark and I don't have access to the keyboard. I can talk to the person and they hear me. When call ends, I can't hang up. The screen won't come back unless I take the battery out. When I re-boot it works for a couple calls then quits again. Makes it impossible to retrieve my voice-mail as well since I can't enter my password.

    The other issue is e-mail. I make my mails read, delete just to the trash since I want them on my computer later, and they keep coming back in again as "new" mail! It's very annoying!
  2. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by borregolinda View Post
    OK, Verizon had to send me another Droid when the old one wouldn't turn on after having only a month. They sent a "Like new certified replacement". I'm really wishing I'd stayed with a BB when I upgraded. When I place a phone call the screen goes dark and I don't have access to the keyboard. I can talk to the person and they hear me. When call ends, I can't hang up. The screen won't come back unless I take the battery out. When I re-boot it works for a couple calls then quits again. Makes it impossible to retrieve my voice-mail as well since I can't enter my password.

    The other issue is e-mail. I make my mails read, delete just to the trash since I want them on my computer later, and they keep coming back in again as "new" mail! It's very annoying!
    The screen is suppose to go dark when you press it against your ear of course but it should return once you pull it away from your ear. It's possible you may have a case of bad luck with the Droids you got.

    As far as your email issue goes without knowing how you have your email configured, if it's pop3 forwarded or if you're using the email client I can't answer that question. When I trash my emails they stay trashed.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Sensei
    KZIWarrior's Avatar
    Member #
    21812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,634
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #3
    As Hook said screen should go dark. Do a search though there are few threads about this with varying causes and a few solutions. But it sounds like you got one with a bad proximity sensor.

    As to the mail issue it sounds like you're using a pop instead of an imap account/settings. I've not used pop in years so not sure what, if any changes have been made but in general your mail client can't make changes to the mail on the server it just polls to see what's there, if there's anything there that's not on the phone it d/l's it. Some email clients (try K-9) overcome this via internal monitoring but in general if you are using multiple devices than you need IMAP to keep everything straight. Many email providers support IMAP you might just need to turn it 'on' or configure it. The other alternative is to get an account that does have IMAP (like Gmail) and use it to pull the email from your other account(s). Not to mention the Gmail 'pushes' email to your phone so you get it as it's received rather than having to have your email client poll the sever at intervals (which wastes battery).
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 03-16-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #4
    Hook is correct about the screen. I think there is a app called screbel (not sure this is the correct spelling) that keeps your screen from going black. I use Gmail and Exchange and like Hook, I've not experienced any problems with trashed emails.

    Mike
  5. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Hook is correct about the screen. I think there is a app called screbel (not sure this is the correct spelling) that keeps your screen from going black. I use Gmail and Exchange and like Hook, I've not experienced any problems with trashed emails.

    Mike
    screebl, and the only reason I correct is because if the OP searches for it he'd never find it with it misspelled.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Super Moderator/RS
    mwhartman's Avatar
    Member #
    27806
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    10,730
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Hook is correct about the screen. I think there is a app called screbel (not sure this is the correct spelling) that keeps your screen from going black. I use Gmail and Exchange and like Hook, I've not experienced any problems with trashed emails.

    Mike
    screebl, and the only reason I correct is because if the OP searches for it he'd never find it with it misspelled.

    Thanks Hook! I could not recall. Mike
  7. Master Droid
    toastedoats's Avatar
    Member #
    35957
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    290
    Phone
    D1, MIUI, ChevyLV1.1
    #7
    My current CLNR (3rd in 2 weeks) is doing this as well. The only way to get the screen to come back on is open the slider

    The QC on the refurbs is deplorable
    Last edited by toastedoats; 03-16-2010 at 01:14 PM.
  8. borregolinda's Avatar
    Member #
    28563
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Borrego Springs, CA
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    razr maxx hd
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by toastedoats View Post
    My current CLNR (3rd in 2 weeks) is doing this as well. The only way to get the screen to come back on is open the slider

    The QC on the refurbs is deplorable


    Tried opening the slider, Nada. I understand it goes dark when you put it to your ear. But it should let me key in my password, go to speaker, hang up, etc. if it's away from my ear! Hitting a Verizon store Thursday.
  9. Junior Droid
    felisha's Avatar
    Member #
    82443
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    motorola Droid 2
    #9
    This has happened to me several SEVERAL times!
  10. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #10
    You're refurb should be like new condition and work as well.
    I am still using a refurbed Droid, as my first was collecting dust under the screen. I've had no quality issues with it.

    Other than the cheesy gold paint flaking off the camera button... but that's device inherent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 3 Important(for me) questions
    By Guitartguy in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
  2. Announcement: VERY IMPORTANT!
    By Sam in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
  3. Adobe AIR and You (Or why this is important)
    By zudien in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 10:58 AM
  4. Few small but annoying Issues including facebook
    By I H8 5_0 Stangs in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 11:06 PM
  5. Annoying Predictive Text Issues
    By gg7aph in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 06:44 AM

Search tags for this page

voicemail can't enter my password galaxy

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+