DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: can I root my Motorola Droid that's on Page Plus?

  1. plmiller0905's Avatar
    Member #
    47015
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    can I root my Motorola Droid that's on Page Plus?

    Can I root and install a custom room on my Motorola Droid that's been flashed to Page Plus or will it mess everything up?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    bizfox's Avatar
    Member #
    34571
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    100
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    Can I root and install a custom room on my Motorola Droid that's been flashed to Page Plus or will it mess everything up?
    Yes, you can... just make sure you update your PRL after installing the rom.
  4. plmiller0905's Avatar
    Member #
    47015
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bizfox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    Can I root and install a custom room on my Motorola Droid that's been flashed to Page Plus or will it mess everything up?
    Yes, you can... just make sure you update your PRL after installing the rom.
    Sorry, but how do I do that?
  5. Senior Droid
    bizfox's Avatar
    Member #
    34571
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    100
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bizfox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    Can I root and install a custom room on my Motorola Droid that's been flashed to Page Plus or will it mess everything up?
    Yes, you can... just make sure you update your PRL after installing the rom.
    Sorry, but how do I do that?
    Root your Droid; flash it with a ROM; and then dial *22891 SEND (reboot after 10 seconds, then make an outgoing call i.e. voicemail)...

    Hope that helps...

    Edit: Oh, and don't forget to download DroidWall from the Market to control your 3G data usage after rooting.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Andrew-oid's Avatar
    Member #
    96615
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Hi BizFox,
    Have you found a rooted version of 2.1 or 2.2 for the Motorola Droid that has been properly built with iptables and related components that actually works with DroidWall? If so, could you please advise me as I'm "burning" ROMs like crazy and not finding ones that work with DroidWall - I'm currently on Sapphire 0.8.4 and it, too, is a no-go? I'd really appreciate help with this b/c I'd like to be able to enable 3G for, say, gmail and maybe another app or two.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Milestone is Germany's Motorola Droid
    By danDroid in forum Android News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
  2. Rebooting page on droid
    By Trex08 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
  4. Volume rocker works as Page Up/Page Down button in Dolphin
    By rjax in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
  5. Motorola Support Page (videos)
    By sterdroids in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Search tags for this page

flash droid razr to pageplus

,
have a rooted phone on pageplus
,

how to flash droid bionic to pageplus

,
how to flash droid razr to pageplus
,
how to flash droid razr to pageplus with 3g
,
how to flash motorola droid x to pageplus
,
how to flash rooted droid to pageplus
,
no data on my page plus motorola milestone x2
,
rooting pageplus droid
,

will rooted android work on page plus

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+