Not sure if there are ways to do these things that are just nonobvious but... here they are, the items I'd like to get done, used to have down pat, but now left sorely wanting...
1) How do you just clear one alert item at a time? Rather than 'clear all' I just want to select an item to clear. I don't know of a way to do this - it's either clear them all or touch each one opening up whatever it is I touch, e.g. application that downloaded, calendar item, etc.
2) Search - Is there something that can just search the internal phone data? A real big problem is email. I have to use K-9 because the built in mail program is so atrocious (as most would agree.) How can I search my k-9 emails? How about other data such as notes? This is a big hole.
3) Outlook sync. AFAIK, there is no good reliable solution right now. Some are in progress, some are pretty good but none have worked for me. I need calendar, contacts, notes. That's a must. Would be nice if there were mail but that is usually an Exchange function. Not having the rest is inexcusable.
4) No way to dock the phone or have a button assigned to the phone without delays being caused. Yes I know I can use a home screen which will burn batteries just for this purpose (and I have so many nice folders already set up that would have to be redone.) A dock should have been standard in the Droid as HTC realized. A dedicated camera button? The current button reassign apps don't work well or consistently with the phone yet.
5) Settings issues. These are nuisances. The background light preference doesn't seem to want to stay permanently and keeps deleting itself every other day. Screebl isn't really for me and I wish there was a way of not having the light go off when the keyboard is open. The hold power key is a good shortcut to turn off ringer, phone but it would have been nice to include GPS, bluetooth too. There also should have been a better power setting like there is with rooted Droids - if I keep my power to the absolute lowest setting I will just get a day's use out of it.
Those are a few.