DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 105.8 Degrees

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4

105.8 Degrees

105.8 as reported by BatteryLife widget.
    This was w/ screen at half brightness (normally set on lowest for battery consumption) and 10 - 20 mins. of TICTACTOE (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more). 3G with 3 bars (no wifi available). Minimum backround apps - weatherbug, gmail.
    Is this a cause for concern?

As always,
    TIA
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    Quote Originally Posted by DessoThumbs View Post
    105.8 as reported by BatteryLife widget.
    This was w/ screen at half brightness (normally set on lowest for battery consumption) and 10 - 20 mins. of TICTACTOE (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more). 3G with 3 bars (no wifi available). Minimum backround apps - weatherbug, gmail.
    Is this a cause for concern?

As always,
    TIA
    105.8 on the battery is not a cause for concern. it's a little hot but it's not dangerous.

are you rooted and overclocked?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    not rooted, nor overclocked. I'd like to overclock it to the max (performance junkie), but my droid has been running hot for a few weeks and it concerns me.
    DessoThumbs
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Has that newly rooted smell...
    From what I've read here, 105 is completely fine/normal. I think I even remember someone saying the CPU and whatnot are rated up to like 220ish.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime View Post
    From what I've read here, 105 is completely fine/normal. I think I even remember someone saying the CPU and whatnot are rated up to like 220ish.
    good greebie,
    in that case, if I don't see 2.1.1 by April i'm overclocking.
    DessoThumbs
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime View Post
    people keep saying something about the battery only being rated to handle 115f. 105 is not bad though. if it gets much higher then back off a bit, but don't worry about it.

if you're not rooted and overclocked and something happens then your warranty will take care of you.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    That's only 40c. I thought I read the upper range for the battery was 45c, but after reading a post on another forum I pulled my battery and actually looked at it and it says upper temp range for the battery is 60c or if you don't know the conversion... that's about 140+ F.

Even then it's not like there's going to be a huge explosion the instant you hit that number. It will most likely just shorten the overall life of the battery if you sustain that high of a temp. worst that can happen is the battery might rupture i'd imagine, but they are fairly cheap to replace.. i think stock battery is what? $35 max?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    I've tweaked this thing so much, I'd die if I had to replace it and start over from scratch.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
    DessoThumbs
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdElderon View Post
    That's only 40c. I thought I read the upper range for the battery was 45c, but after reading a post on another forum I pulled my battery and actually looked at it and it says upper temp range for the battery is 60c or if you don't know the conversion... that's about 140+ F.

Even then it's not like there's going to be a huge explosion the instant you hit that number. It will most likely just shorten the overall life of the battery if you sustain that high of a temp. worst that can happen is the battery might rupture i'd imagine, but they are fairly cheap to replace.. i think stock battery is what? $35 max?
    good to know. i can't say i ever looked at the battery. honestly, like you, i am not worried about the battery. it's easier to replace a battery than it is to replace the cpu.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdElderon View Post

I'd really like that new Siedko (sp?) thin line extended battery coming out. Don't know why, though I dock her everynight and it's usually at 40% remaining.
    I think I know why she got so hot today.... tictactoe..... lol
    DessoThumbs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links