DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Sholes abandonment leaves me hanging, please help!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Sholes abandonment leaves me hanging, please help!!

Ok, so I am reading a lot about how Sholes & their smupdater is no more and it isn't on the market. I've been having a lot of problems (let me know if a description of the problems is relevent) with my 2.0.5 rom (although is worked great for nearly a month) that i loaded using the smupdater. I want to revert to stock rom & unroot (I think?) -I'm nervous the trouble could get worse & w/ no support from the sholes people...(does anyone know if sholes is available for support anywhere/ changed name?)

I don't know the best way to do this. When sholes worked I could have selected 2.0.1 and reflash back to stock but that is no longer an option as I get this when i open smupdater:

" an error has occurred! unable to contact downloads server http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.xml"

Please help if you can and/ or offer guidance in other useful directions ie- droidmod? Thanks!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.
    droidmod.org

They became a new team and they have a new updater. Check them out.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elvin7 View Post
    Ok, so I am reading a lot about how Sholes & their smupdater is no more and it isn't on the market. I've been having a lot of problems (let me know if a description of the problems is relevent) with my 2.0.5 rom (although is worked great for nearly a month) that i loaded using the smupdater. I want to revert to stock rom & unroot (I think?) -I'm nervous the trouble could get worse & w/ no support from the sholes people...(does anyone know if sholes is available for support anywhere/ changed name?)

I don't know the best way to do this. When sholes worked I could have selected 2.0.1 and reflash back to stock but that is no longer an option as I get this when i open smupdater:

" an error has occurred! unable to contact downloads server http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.xml"

Please help if you can and/ or offer guidance in other useful directions ie- droidmod? Thanks!
    Go to DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. and download DMupdater from your phone. You will then have two options: 1. To go back to stock or 2. To update do DM 1.0. The choice is yours.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Thanks you guys!

Links