DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Has this happened to anyone else?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    AceBostonBadass
    Phone
    Droid 4

Question Has this happened to anyone else?

I think there is something wrong with my drivers now...

Everything was working fine when I plugged my Droid into my computer. Got the little notification thing and everything. Charged.

I had to redo windows. I made a backup of all my drivers. Reinstalled windows, that whole bit, restored everything, Droid wasn't showing up? No charging, no nothing. (though the battery widget showed the USB icon thing but didnt say "charging" just gave the battery life)

Played around with it, tried redownloading/installing drivers from the motorola website... STILL nothing.

I started getting VERY frustrated. Then, for s*&#s and giggles, i decided to turn on USB debugging mode. Sure enough, I get the option to mount and it's charging!? WTF???

Seriously, this doesn't make any sense. My computer doesnt see the drivers for the phone when its not in debugging mode, but they all pop up when it is in it. Is this odd? Am I the only one who this has happened to!?

EDIT:: OK So now here's a NEW issue. I got a text with it connected to my computer in debugging mode... and the friggin thing REBOOTS!? ARGH

Edit times 2:: So, I plugged my phone into the wall charger, and the damn thing reboot again. what the hell is going on!?
    Last edited by AceDROID; 02-26-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: addition to problem

3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AceDROID View Post
    I think there is something wrong with my drivers now...

Everything was working fine when I plugged my Droid into my computer. Got the little notification thing and everything. Charged.

I had to redo windows. I made a backup of all my drivers. Reinstalled windows, that whole bit, restored everything, Droid wasn't showing up? No charging, no nothing. (though the battery widget showed the USB icon thing but didnt say "charging" just gave the battery life)

Played around with it, tried redownloading/installing drivers from the motorola website... STILL nothing.

I started getting VERY frustrated. Then, for s*&#s and giggles, i decided to turn on USB debugging mode. Sure enough, I get the option to mount and it's charging!? WTF???

Seriously, this doesn't make any sense. My computer doesnt see the drivers for the phone when its not in debugging mode, but they all pop up when it is in it. Is this odd? Am I the only one who this has happened to!?

EDIT:: OK So now here's a NEW issue. I got a text with it connected to my computer in debugging mode... and the friggin thing REBOOTS!? ARGH
    I witched to Mac three years ago so my thoughts may be way off base.

If I read your process correctly, you made copies of your drivers prior to redoing Windows. It may be that what ever corrupted Windows corrupted your divers as well. Another thought-- the Windows rebuild may need updates applied to match the drivers.

Hopefully, someone with more current Windows expertise will respond.

Mike
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    AceBostonBadass
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately everything is up to date. The plug and play of my windows (windows 7 32bit ultimate) had no issues prior to, and now instead of anything motorola without the usb debugging on it comes up as usb composite... but with usb debugging on it shows all the motorola drivers (that I can't find to install without the debugging on).
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AceDROID View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately everything is up to date. The plug and play of my windows (windows 7 32bit ultimate) had no issues prior to, and now instead of anything motorola without the usb debugging on it comes up as usb composite... but with usb debugging on it shows all the motorola drivers (that I can't find to install without the debugging on).
    When I first got my Droid, I registered at the Motorola site. I noticed that they had a link for Windows and drivers. Since I not using Windows I did not proceed. I may be worth going to their site and download as many of the drivers that you can. I don't think that it would damage anything if you install a driver that is not used or needed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mike

Links