DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: *****a must read************

  1. Senior Droid
    sam5828's Avatar
    Member #
    34838
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    192
    Phone
    moto droid
    #1

    *****a must read************

    If you are a member of phonezoo.com some how people there can get your number. my GF isn't even a member there but her daughter was up until this happened. Some guy from NY texted my GF and said he got her number from phonezoo.com and wanted her pic. WTF is it with crazy people this person was from the Rochester area.
    Man you cant trust any of theses sites anymore. her daughter was a member of there fb page too and she was on there site for becoming a member and she is only 12.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #2
    Are you sure the website didnt link to her FB and she had her phone # on there?
  3. Senior Droid
    sam5828's Avatar
    Member #
    34838
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    192
    Phone
    moto droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    Are you sure the website didnt link to her FB and she had her phone # on there?
    no this came to her moms phone and she isn't a member. and her number isn't on her FB either neither are lol i would kick both there *sses
  4. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #4
    crazy. I checked the site just to look at this, and in the sign me up area it didn't ask for my phone number. But I also didn't fill it out to get to page two. Thanks for the info! This is good stuff for parents.
  5. Senior Droid
    sam5828's Avatar
    Member #
    34838
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    192
    Phone
    moto droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    crazy. I checked the site just to look at this, and in the sign me up area it didn't ask for my phone number. But I also didn't fill it out to get to page two. Thanks for the info! This is good stuff for parents.
    the only thing i can think of is when you have it send a ringtone or something to your phone it keeps your number i dunnow i never used it before. I calld them but got a answering machine so i had to settle for a email
  6. Droid
    hinky's Avatar
    Member #
    38283
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    82
    Phone
    Moto
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sam5828 View Post
    If you are a member of phonezoo.com some how people there can get your number. my GF isn't even a member there but her daughter was up until this happened. Some guy from NY texted my GF and said he got her number from phonezoo.com and wanted her pic. WTF is it with crazy people this person was from the Rochester area.
    Man you cant trust any of theses sites anymore. her daughter was a member of there fb page too and she was on there site for becoming a member and she is only 12.
    I don't believe everything I read. How did he get the phone number from phonezoo? Did he call up and ask for the number of a hot babe so he can text it? For all she knows it's some guy who found a number and playing a prank. No offense, but right now this is a baseless claim about phonezoo. Most scams aren't the result of what you're describing but some other phishing expedition.
  7. Senior Droid
    sam5828's Avatar
    Member #
    34838
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    192
    Phone
    moto droid
    #7
    I dont know how he got it thats the thing. and i seen the text from him saying he got it from there. believe what ya want i don't care i'm just telling you what is going on and it is B*ll****..... I don't know how people get cc info from card companies either but they do!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sam5828; 02-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.
  8. Droid
    hinky's Avatar
    Member #
    38283
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    82
    Phone
    Moto
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sam5828 View Post
    I dont know how he got it thats the thing. and i seen the text from him saying he got it from there. believe what ya want i don't care i'm just telling you what is going on and it is B*ll****..... I don't know how people get cc info from card companies either but they do!!!!!!!!
    A guy my friend doesn't know said he got passwords for people from Facebook and eBay. I'm sure he did. I guess we need to put those two on the same danger list with phonezoo?
  9. Droid Newbie
    phonezoo's Avatar
    Member #
    6625
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #9
    Pls stop spreading wrong information. We at Phonezoo are proud of our privacy & security policies and there is no way for anyone to get access to any other users numbers - unless they willingly send someone a text message or post it on the comments section (some people choose to do that). Its unfortunate what happened but we would urge you to check the facts & trace how the sender got the number. Also, how is it possible for us to verify is a person registering is giving their real age? We follow all guidelines under the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) & try to keep minors off the site. Email support@phonezoo.com or call 1-888-399-9989 if you have further questions
  10. Master Droid
    Kack's Avatar
    Member #
    36338
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA SO-CAL
    Posts
    762
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #10
    i used phonezoo for a while when i had a dumb phone. it was pretty good never had a problem good service. People can get your number in numerous ways. it will be ok though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Please read this AFTER you root.
    By Matth3w in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Know how to Read these anyone?
    By thorn11166 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 12:57 AM
  3. Read everyone should
    By smcdo123 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 11:23 PM
  4. **READ : If you are having ROM bug issues :**
    By wil318466 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 05:08 AM

Search tags for this page

hidden sender address

,

hidden sender address text

,

hidden sender address text android

,
hidden sender address text message
,

hidden sender address text messages

,
hidden sender message
,
hidden sender text message
,
hidden sender text messages
,
text message from hidden sender address
,

what does hidden sender address mean

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+