DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So now what for POP3 mail?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

So now what for POP3 mail?

So I'm almost at my wits end - the native POP3 client doesn't work worth a damn, since after about a day it requires a reboot to start pulling email again. So, the solution everyone pointed to was to set up Gmail to check my POP3 accounts, and then they would be delivered to my Droid in the Gmail app. S

Set this up, it worked fine until about two weeks ago, when now Gmail won't check the POP accounts with any kind of regularity. And before you ask, at least one of them gets messages every day. Right now, in Gmail, both accounts say they were last checked 6 days ago. In that time, at least 100 emails have come into one of those accounts, but they were never downloaded into Gmail, and thus, never on my phone.

So, if the native email client won't work for any length of time, and the Gmail POP checker won't work, how the heck am I supposed to get POP3 email on my ^&*$^#&@* Droid? I have Touchdown for Exchange, but it doesn't handle POP, and I'm not going to forward all my POP mail to my work email address.

And whoever the stooge is who keeps pumping K9 mail, don't even try it here - that application is a train wreck, and I'm not using it.

Please help - email seems to be an afterthought on this phone, and every workaround seems to fail.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My gf's Mom's droid is in the same boat, as a last ditch effort last night I installed and set her up with K9...I'm not too optimistic after reading your post now lol. Hopefully someone helps us out...
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    The best way to get your mail is to forward it through gmail. If you go to gmail on line and go to the settings you will see settings on the upper right. Click on that and then investigate the accounts and imports and forwarding pop imap. There are links to step you through the process of properly setting up your mail so you can receive it through gmail.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Not clear?

Maybe I'm not being clear - I already have my POP emails set up to be pulled into Gmail. That worked fine for a few weeks, but now Gmail won't check those accounts with ANY kind of frequency - 6 days since last check. So those POP emails aren't getting into Gmail, much less to my Droid.....
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

No Problems here

I use the standard email account set up and have had no problems for the past month; I even receive my emails faster than my work server can send them to my pc.

I also have two email accounts set up 1 for work and another personal (Time Warner Roadrunner account) I have customized both to automatically push emails to my phone and have separate alerts that correspond with its account.

It has worked flawlessly, Comment back on exactly what you are trying to accomplish, what type of email are you trying to receive (Yahoo ? AOL? etc....)

Maybe I can help you walk through the setup process, or maybe you are trying something completely different that I use...

Donít know hopefully I can help.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Do you have imap enabled?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't want to hijack his thread, but I know for me, forcing a sync doesn't work. I have her phone set up the same as mine, and mine has zero issues even after ROM flashes etc...Weird.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Not much help, but my Gmail pulls my pop3 every hour on the hour just like I set it up. I also have it show my pop3 addy when I mail or reply to someone.
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It has worked flawlessly, Comment back on exactly what you are trying to accomplish, what type of email are you trying to receive (Yahoo ? AOL? etc....)

Maybe I can help you walk through the setup process, or maybe you are trying something completely different that I use...

I'm using Road Runner too - with the standard email app, it will retrieve emails for approximately one day, then will stop delivering emails until I reboot the phone. My other account is a Centurylink account. I have both setup to leave emails on the server, so I can delete them off my phone, and download them on my PC later when I have time to deal with them.

When I do a "Check Now" in Gmail it will retrieve emails, send them to my phone, and then almost immediately stop checking my accounts for another several days.

I'm not sure about the IMAP piece - where are you asking if I have IMAP enabled?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links