DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: So now what for POP3 mail?

  1. Droid Ninja
    640k's Avatar
    Member #
    565
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #21
    the default email client will continually download old messages until you have no more messages to pull. it will do this for every message that you delete or move and they will appear as unread messages.
  2. Droid
    wfholcom's Avatar
    Member #
    28881
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmarsh View Post
    This morning, I go to check my Droid, my Touchdown mail is there just fine, even one message sent directly to Gmail is there. NO POP mail has downloaded. No notification on the status bar.

    When I go into the Email app, it is stuck on Loading messages. I clicked on Refresh, and Loading Messages changed to Load more Messages. When I click on that, it then pulls in my POP email. But it pulls everything in my POP account, going back to 2/19.

    I'll keep watching it today, but I would not expect it to keep downloading, based on previous experience.
    I had that same problem with the POP email and then switched to K-9 about 2 days ago. Now my mail is coming in without delay. The change in e-mail client really helped me. My POP email is with Comcast.

    The GMail is also coming in fine, I get a daily agenda every morning from my Google Calendar. It has always worked.

    Prior to changing to K-9, I had the exact same symptoms that you have. The emails would not come in unless I manually loaded them. After a phone restart, they would come in for about a day and then have to be manually requested. Also, even though my setting was to delete them on the server, they would be retrieved multiple times.

    By the way, I wasn't the original proponent of K-9.

    Now all is good!
    Last edited by wfholcom; 02-25-2010 at 05:59 AM.
  3. Droid
    Jackattack's Avatar
    Member #
    27678
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmarsh View Post
    This morning, I go to check my Droid, my Touchdown mail is there just fine, even one message sent directly to Gmail is there. NO POP mail has downloaded. No notification on the status bar.

    When I go into the Email app, it is stuck on Loading messages. I clicked on Refresh, and Loading Messages changed to Load more Messages. When I click on that, it then pulls in my POP email. But it pulls everything in my POP account, going back to 2/19.

    I'll keep watching it today, but I would not expect it to keep downloading, based on previous experience.
    I hear your frustration; I am really surprised because I do not have this problem ever. You say you have to go in and manually refresh to get your new mail? If this is the case are you sure in the main settings on your phone if you go to accounts and sync do you have it all checked for auto sync and background? It sounds like it is not auto syncing properly?

    I apologize for going back to this but may be the simple step being missed. Check it out....
  4. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #24
    What's really annoying with some of the responses in this thread talking about "get rid of POP" blah blah and join the rest of the world...is a) you aren't helping and b) some people MUST have a pop or imap account for work or some other issue.

    My **** stopped working on February 18th. No settings have changed, the email program works if I use the exact same settings for Outlook on my PC, etc etc etc. This has NOTHING to do with the phone. This is a GMail issue.

    My email worked fine for a month and a half with GMail pulling from my POP account, and then suddenly just stopped. Now it says connection error and cannot pull email even from within GMail, despite it working with the same exact settings a week ago.
  5. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    What's really annoying with some of the responses in this thread talking about "get rid of POP" blah blah and join the rest of the world...is a) you aren't helping and b) some people MUST have a pop or imap account for work or some other issue.

    My **** stopped working on February 18th. No settings have changed, the email program works if I use the exact same settings for Outlook on my PC, etc etc etc. This has NOTHING to do with the phone. This is a GMail issue.

    My email worked fine for a month and a half with GMail pulling from my POP account, and then suddenly just stopped. Now it says connection error and cannot pull email even from within GMail, despite it working with the same exact settings a week ago.
    Matthew,

    honestly i watched some threads by you now. Everytime you got upset, you write really agressive and a little to hard in your words. Please be more Kind

    BUT:
    i ran into the same Issue with my EXCHANGE MAIL, so this has NOTHING to do with gmail and HAS TO BE a phone problem. cuz it started working back when i again flashed the original firmware!
  6. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #26
    I'm not really sorry if I offended someone because they aren't contributing anything to a thread and simply telling people to basically "get with it" and use GMail instead of their personal opinion about whatever POP email someone is using.


    Aside from that, it has nothing to do with the phone, as I already stated. The problem is in GMail. GMail, not the phone, is reporting the connection error after working for 6 weeks flawlessly. The phone does not control your actual GMail it only gets email pushed from that email client, so there is no possible way it is the phone. I could throw the phone out the window, and check my GMail on the internet on my PC and if it says "connection error: email hasn't been retrieved since February 18th" it's GMail, not the phone. I don't have any problems with the phone.
    Last edited by Matth3w; 02-25-2010 at 06:45 AM.
  7. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    I'm not really sorry if I offended someone because they aren't contributing anything to a thread and simply telling people to basically "get with it" and use GMail instead of their personal opinion about whatever POP email someone is using.
    Well if noone has a solution, this WILL BE the only answer you get. we are NOT AN OFFICIAL SUPPORT by Motorola. If ya need something to get rid of your anger caused by the product, go back to the manufacturer!

    No need to offend people here, PLUS: i gave ya a solution.
    Now its up to you!
  8. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #28
    And I edited and responded to your solution. It has absolutely positively nothing to do with the phone. The phone does not affect your settings or accounts on your actual GMail account.
  9. Junior Droid
    gerngaus's Avatar
    Member #
    17589
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Phone
    Droid
    #29
    I've been using the built in gmail program to pull emails from my corporate pop3 for a few months now - without problems. Nothing has changed on my phone, online gmail setup or on my mail server. This is a problem with google.

    I went to the gmail settings in a full browser and it said it had not checked in 20 hours - i get over a 100 emails a day. I forced a check and it finally downloaded emails.

    It isn't a phone side issue - it is clearly a gmail server side issue.
  10. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #30
    Phones DO have problems, and my GMAIL is working on EVERY CLIENT i have, for YEARS correctly. My laptops, thunderbirds, outlooks, windows mobiles and so on. only my milestone HAD this failure. when i flashed the firmware again, problem was gone. FULL STOP!

    So your oppinion its on gmail is not valid. Even if, if noone helps here, got to google, and start being friendly here. please!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Making Yahoo Mail sync without POP3
    By travismarcum in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
  2. [How To] Setup GMX POP3 - Mail
    By RinTinTigger in forum Motorola Milestone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
  3. K9 + pop3 =???
    By n0m0n in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 09:28 AM
  4. Sync pop3 sent mail
    By torski in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 02:05 PM
  5. My Pop3 mail will alert but not download
    By chiocci in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 09:52 AM

Search tags for this page

android touchdown pop3
,
does touchdown support pop3
,
does touchdown work with pop3
,

touchdown android pop3

,
touchdown do pop3
,
touchdown for android pop3
,
touchdown for pop3
,
touchdown pop accounts
,

touchdown pop3

,

touchdown pop3 android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+