DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bottom four lights not working after restart?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Rom-Apex Fastest!?

Bottom four lights not working after restart?

After I restart the phone the system seems to stay stuck on the bright screen with no bottom lights? Home keys etc..Why does it not restart correctly or is this what its supposed to do, I dont know. I can after I start it back up hit the sensor with a small flashlight I have then the screen goes dim enough then the bottom lights come back on and work properly. Or I can go into screen brightness and uncheck it once then it works properly again, shouldnt have to do that? The lights will not restart unless I make them. Thank you all for any advise, sorry if this question has or had been allready asked, Thanks!!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid#64 View Post
    After I restart the phone the system seems to stay stuck on the bright screen with no bottom lights? Home keys etc..Why does it not restart correctly or is this what its supposed to do, I dont know. I can after I start it back up hit the sensor with a small flashlight I have then the screen goes dim enough then the bottom lights come back on and work properly. Or I can go into screen brightness and uncheck it once then it works properly again, shouldnt have to do that? The lights will not restart unless I make them. Thank you all for any advise, sorry if this question has or had been allready asked, Thanks!!
    There is a small bug that causes these lights not to start up. Easiest way to handle it is to simply push the power button once to black the screen out and push it again. The lights will come on and should act properly after that.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Rom-Apex Fastest!?
    So this is a software glitch/ (Bug) It does restart after touching power key and unlocking it again, thank you, but will this be resolved or is this things to come? Sure hope not, could this be OTA fix eventually? Thank you..
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid#64 View Post
    So this is a software glitch/ (Bug) It does restart after touching power key and unlocking it again, thank you, but will this be resolved or is this things to come? Sure hope not, could this be OTA fix eventually? Thank you..
    I'm sure somebody has brought it to their attention. IMHO annoying until you know the fix but I think they have bigger fish to fry then worrying about this. I don't recall seeing it being listed as one of the fixes on the 2.1 list that I saw but that doesn't mean anything, it may be one of the "behind the scene" fixes.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have the same problem. I just go into the brightness setting and uncheck the auto brightness box, then recheck it.
    Blackberry Pearl, LG, Samsung, iPhone, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Tour, Moto Droid

Rom: Sapphire 1.1.1
    Theme: Executive
    Kernel: P3 125-1100 7Slot
    Launcher: Launcher Pro

Links