DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: surfing the net while talking on the phone

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

surfing the net while talking on the phone

is it possible to be talking on the droid using the speaker or headset and surf the web? I tried to search the internet the other day while talking via speaker phone & I kept getting a message that read cannot find site.there is no signal. Is the droid not capable of simultaneouly handeling these two function? Thanks. Kim
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    It is not the phone that is the issue but rather the cell tower network Verizon uses. You can not talk on the phone and surf the web on that network at the same time. However, with wifi you can surf the web and talk on the phone because you are only using the phone on the cell tower network in that case.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by katal8813 View Post
    is it possible to be talking on the droid using the speaker or headset and surf the web? I tried to search the internet the other day while talking via speaker phone & I kept getting a message that read cannot find site.there is no signal. Is the droid not capable of simultaneouly handeling these two function? Thanks. Kim
    I think this also goes to show the effectiveness of those stupid AT&T commercials with Fat Luke Wilson. Either that, or this particular user doesn't watch TV or live in the US. Either way, Fat Luke Wilson is not an effective spokesperson.

On a related note, you can still browse the internet if you enable wifi while you're on the phone.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    zegolf. this forum is for droid users to learn about the Droid not for other user to make assumptions or sarcastic comments of where another member lives or whether they have seen a commercial on TV. A simple answer of what I needed to do in order for this function to work would have sufficed. Thank you
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by katal8813 View Post
    zegolf. this forum is for droid users to learn about the Droid not for other user to make assumptions or sarcastic comments of where another member lives or whether they have seen a commercial on TV. A simple answer of what I needed to do in order for this function to work would have sufficed. Thank you
    I'm sorry to see that you placed inflection and tone into my written words, but they were far from laced with sarcasm. I was merely making it a point to state that, being that a person can hardly do anything without experiencing the battle that is "AT&T vs. Verizon" and AT&T's "Browse while on the phone" argument, I find it interesting that it's had little affect on a member of the populous. The fact that you're unaffected by those advertising campaigns further proves my point.

The statement about where you live was also made so that it didn't seem as though I was being a US-centric American in thinking that every member of this board was from the States.

If anyone should be offended, it should be Luke Wilson, because I called him fat. Besides, you got an answer from my response. I'm sorry that you took that response as anything more than written words, and read sarcasm into them. Maybe next time you won't do so.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I hate to be a trouble maker, however IMO calling anyone "fat" is rather offensive for anyone with weight problems.....especially considering Luke Wilson isn't really that heavy....just heavier than he used to be.

I'm not trying to "scold" you, because if you've never had a weight problem you might not even think about it. I used to weigh over 300lbs.....so I know a little bit about it
    Wendy

Links