DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: First 100 degree day

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4

First 100 degree day

I was browsing google images (costume challenged) for about 5 mins. today at a location where my droid was having a hard time staying connected to the network (bouncing frequently between 3G and 1X) and I noticed how hot it felt. I checked the temp on my little battery widget and it said 104. I don't think it was the content that got mr. Droid hot and bothered! LOL, Should I be worried? I've had it over a month (bought it from Verizon on line) so I don't think I can exchange it.

It's been overcast and rainy like all get out today, don't know if thats got anything to do with poor network performance or not.

As always, TIA
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    Quote Originally Posted by DessoThumbs View Post
    I was browsing google images (costume challenged) for about 5 mins. today at a location where my droid was having a hard time staying connected to the network (bouncing frequently between 3G and 1X) and I noticed how hot it felt. I checked the temp on my little battery widget and it said 104. I don't think it was the content that got mr. Droid hot and bothered! LOL, Should I be worried? I've had it over a month (bought it from Verizon on line) so I don't think I can exchange it.

It's been overcast and rainy like all get out today, don't know if thats got anything to do with poor network performance or not.

As always, TIA
    104 is ok. i wouldn't worry about it.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    I get to 115-120 on a regular basis (playing games ect.) The CPU is rated for 100 C (so 212F) so you don't need to worry about the CPU... it's more likely the other components will likely fail (or in the case of the battery, send a shut-down command) before the CPU is damaged. But of course this is the risk you are just going to run with these types of devices.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    thanks for the replies. just being paranoid ole me.
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........

Links