DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Before I return the DROID - Any Solutions to these issues?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    After I unchecked the ssl box my emails attachments work fine. .pdf, word and excel all come in with no issues.

Just waiting for the signature to be fixed.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercats View Post
    1. Attachements never open/download. It just hangs after clicking the ok button by the attachement in exchange email.

-
    This can be corrected by going into the Exchange Account | Incoming Settings | and un-checking the 'Accept all SSL certificates' checkbox.

2. Root folders not syncing cannot delete or add root level folders.

-
    The sub-folders will sync but not until you go into them and do a refresh. To view the subfolders you need to hit the menu button once inside the root. I agree that this is an annoyance but it should be fixed in the upcoming Android release.

3. No way to accept/deny meetings.

- I'm not sure about your setup here but I've had no problems accepting and denying meetings that arrive via calendar request from my Droid =/

4. No general reminders/tasks.

- Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a known issue in which I believe they're fixing in either the December or January updates.

As far as a working RDP client goes, if you search in the Market for 'Remote Desktop Client' the 1st result that it pulls back works fine. The downside is it costs $18
    Thank you thundercats!
    1 - worked (this was driving me nuts).
    2 - I can live with if I have to
    3 - I am just using Exchange 2007 out of the box - meeting requests come in as emails (maybe I can try to use the webmail client as a workaround)
    4 - I hope you are correct - this is a primary function of a PDA

I have tried connectbot and a free RDP - with no luck. maybe there are some updates...
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Just wanted to give an update in the event someone else is having the same issues, my problem with SSH and remote desktop is actually related to the PPTP VPN via verizon 3G. No problems when connected to wi-fi. This is a bit weird as my laptop using a vz card works fine - but the droid keeps dropping it's link - I only noticed this when on a vpn initially, but i have confirmed it is happening without the vpn link as well.

VZ's network is typically good, so I am hoping this is picked up in a FW update - I would think this is some kind of android issue.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Ok - I have been trying to work with support for over a week on this issue.

Verizon support was as helpful as the could be, they did give me the correct number for motorola support.

Unfortunately, Motorola support has really let me down. I was escalated on the 17th never called (should be called within 24 hours) - and after calling again on the 19th, never received a call back. I am going to give it one more shot today, or I am done with Motorola.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    For remote desktop try PhoneMyPc.... only $9.99.... and it has multi touch!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    I will try this, but If I can't get through the VPN there is no point of a remote desktop.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by John.Edwards View Post
    1. Attachements never open/download. It just hangs after clicking the ok button by the attachement in exchange email.

-
    This can be corrected by going into the Exchange Account | Incoming Settings | and un-checking the 'Accept all SSL certificates' checkbox.

-
    The sub-folders will sync but not until you go into them and do a refresh. To view the subfolders you need to hit the menu button once inside the root. I agree that this is an annoyance but it should be fixed in the upcoming Android release.

- I'm not sure about your setup here but I've had no problems accepting and denying meetings that arrive via calendar request from my Droid =/

- Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a known issue in which I believe they're fixing in either the December or January updates.

As far as a working RDP client goes, if you search in the Market for 'Remote Desktop Client' the 1st result that it pulls back works fine. The downside is it costs $18
    Thank you thundercats!
    3 - I am just using Exchange 2007 out of the box - meeting requests come in as emails (maybe I can try to use the webmail client as a workaround)

I have tried connectbot and a free RDP - with no luck. maybe there are some updates...
    I have the same issue with meeting requests. They just come in as an email with no option to accept or decline. This is a feature I would really like to work.

Also, does anyone know how to set up an email signature? My WinMo device did it automatically.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rkoener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John.Edwards View Post

-

-

Thank you thundercats!

I have the same issue with meeting requests. They just come in as an email with no option to accept or decline. This is a feature I would really like to work.

Also, does anyone know how to set up an email signature? My WinMo device did it automatically.
    Have you tried going into the Corporate Calendar and looking for the invite there? This is where you need to accept/decline the invite from even though it shows in Email.

As for Remote Desktop, as a backup solution, look into downloading PDAnet and leverage tethering until a fix is in place for the native DROID VPN. You get the best of both worlds --a larger screen and machine which is superior to your phone for RDP and you still leverage your phone capabilities.

Tethering is not officially supported yet but it is certainly working at this time.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I use ConnectBot also. I think it works pretty well.. after you figure out what key pattern represents the esc key. ..
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekmazter View Post

Have you tried going into the Corporate Calendar and looking for the invite there? This is where you need to accept/decline the invite from even though it shows in Email.

As for Remote Desktop, as a backup solution, look into downloading PDAnet and leverage tethering until a fix is in place for the native DROID VPN. You get the best of both worlds --a larger screen and machine which is superior to your phone for RDP and you still leverage your phone capabilities.

Tethering is not officially supported yet but it is certainly working at this time.
    Items don't get added to my calendar without being accepted - especially when there are conflicts.

Thanks for the tip on PDANet - but that still requires me to lug around a laptop everywhere I go, and if I need that I will dump the dumb smartphone and just a get a cheapo dumb phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links