DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: What to do?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

What to do?

Just got my Droid on Saturday - didn't have a gmail account so I created one from the phone during setup - I didn't realize it at the time but I fat fingered it and now it's an address that I don't want - I created a new gmail account the one that I want to use now. When I go to remove the old gmail account (the original one) it is telling me I need to do a factory reset - my concern would be loosing my applications - what is the best way to overcome this issue?

thx/ dan

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Get appmanager or something to backup your apps. Do a factory reset, then restore the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by kybowhunter View Post
    Just got my Droid on Saturday - didn't have a gmail account so I created one from the phone during setup - I didn't realize it at the time but I fat fingered it and now it's an address that I don't want - I created a new gmail account the one that I want to use now. When I go to remove the old gmail account (the original one) it is telling me I need to do a factory reset - my concern would be loosing my applications - what is the best way to overcome this issue?

thx/ dan

Links