Hey all,I have tried several charger/cable combinations to no avail (with the exception of the $30 Amazon Kindle Fire charger + cable - but this isn't the proper rating). I can not seem to recreate a constant 1900mAh rate that the OEM Samsung charger outputs. All of the below have been tested on two Galaxy S4's, multiple adapters/cables and different outlets. I keep buying and returning multiple cables/chargers to Amazon and I grow tired of it ... I really could use some help. All my tests were done with Galaxy Charging Current app.
Have tried the following to no avail:
- The "OEM S4" (Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 2.0 Amp Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 II, Galaxy S3 S III, Galaxy S3 Mini & Other Smartphones (Bulk Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories) ... that charged at 460mAh.
- Another "OEM S4" (Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 2.0 Amp Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 II, Galaxy S3 S III, Galaxy S3 Mini & Other Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories) that charged at 780mAh.
- Pwr+ 2A Rapid Charger (Amazon.com: Pwr+® 2A Rapid Charger Ac Adapter for Use with the New Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire Hd Models: Kindle Store), this does charge at 1900mAh; however if you unplug, you have to wait several minutes before you can use it again. During that time the green charge light blinks and it won't output anything.
- The official Nexus 7 charger (Amazon.com: ASUS Nexus 7 Official Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories) was charging at 1900; however several days later now it won't go past 1480.
- The "Amazon basics 2.1a" charger (Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Wall Charger with USB Outlet (2.1 Amp Output): MP3 Players & Accessories). Charged at 700 something with a standard USB cable. I then paired with a true charge only cable (Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Fire 5ft USB to Micro-USB Cable (works with most Micro-USB Tablets): Kindle Store) and it did sustain a 1900 charge. Yet after several days, two of the four chargers I ordered begin to omit an annoying humming noise.
- (UPDATE) The "Amazon Kindle PowerFast" (Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle PowerFast for Accelerated Charging: Kindle Store) + "Amazon Kindle Fire" cable (Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Fire 5ft USB to Micro-USB Cable (works with most Micro-USB Tablets): Kindle Store) actually appears to be holding a 1900 charge; however it's only been one night. If history has proven itself, this won't last. That and this is only a 9v charger rated up to 1.8a vs. the OEM 2.1a @ 10v.
Then, in regards to car charging ... I found that the official VZW charger actually charges at 1900; however it makes the phone HOT, very very hot. I was able to use this (Amazon.com: New Trent Arcadia Rapiduo (1 pc), 10W 5V/2A Dual Port high-speed USB car charger w/ Free Full Speed Micro-USB Charging Cable (IMP80C/NT80C): Cell Phones & Accessories) combined with a data cable (Amazon.com : Mediabridge USB Charging Cable - (Coiled) - USB-A Male to Micro-B Charging Cable : Charging Only Micro Usb : Computers & Accessories) and it's doing the same thing as the Amazon charger ... was pulling 1900 at first, now at 1200.I am so confused here. Why is it so difficult to get a true 2a/1900mAh charge? I can't be the only one with this problem? I want to say it's the app that is lying to me in regards to the charge; however as soon as I use OEM, right back to 1900.
As far as pure charging cables go, here have been my experiences:
- Amazon Kindle Fire @ 1900: Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Fire 5ft USB to Micro-USB Cable (works with most Micro-USB Tablets): Kindle Store
- PortaPow @ 1100 - 1900: Amazon.com : PortaPow Specialised 5ft 24AWG Charge Only Micro USB Cable for Blackberry, Xperia, HTC One, Google Nexus, Other Fast Charging Devices : Puregear Charge : Electronics
- Amazon Basics @ 700: Amazon.com : AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters) : Computer Usb Cables : Electronics
- Media Bridge @ 1100 - 1900: Amazon.com: Mediabridge USB Charging Cable - (6 Feet) - USB-A Male to Micro-B Charging Cable: Computers & Accessories
This is driving me insane!I would truly appreciate any help here.