DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I fried my droid

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr

Angry I think I fried my droid

Well, as the title states I think I broke my droid. Im running Smoked Glass 4.5 overclocked to 1.1ghz.

It all started the last couple of days I was having issues with my phone using the 2.1, so i decided to completely start fresh, with removing nandroid, root, busybox, and all of that. After running 2.0.1 and getting my data loaded and such i installed smoked glass 4.5. It ran fine for the past few days with the ocassional FC, along with wifi tethering, and the over clock at 1.1ghz with the corresponding power saving protocols.

Last night the screen went black with the keyboard lit as well as the soft buttons on the front of the screen, and would not come out of the standby state so i decided to do a battery pull. After the battery pull the Motorola logo came on for a few seconds, went off, and proceeded to give me a black screen... Its black screened since then.

[Edit] This black screen is of course a black screen with what appears to be the black light lit

I've tried a combination of pulling the battery with the phone plugged up and such, but no luck with recreating the Motorola logo.

I thought the battery in the phone was dead so I left it on the charger for the majority of the night... .

Wierd thing is that the phone is actually recognized through ADB, however i am not really able to access anything on the sdcard.

Any thoughts?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Did you try to boot into recovery?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Does booting into recovery (TURN OFF.....TURN ON WHILE HOLDING X Button) do anything for you?
    My Dream Is To Be Your Worst Nightmare
    -Tech_Nology_Pro on TWITTER
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Yeah no recovery mode =\.. I actually use nandroid, that was my first thought. I know i have it on the Smoked Glass image because its required to install.
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clwither View Post
    Yeah no recovery mode =\.. I actually use nandroid, that was my first thought. I know i have it on the Smoked Glass image because its required to install.
    this may be a world-first frying... i think you should be proud

anyway, try to flash with rsdlite and sbf
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    this may be a world-first frying... i think you should be proud

anyway, try to flash with rsdlite and sbf
    Yeahhhh, I actually located the RSD Lite tool while waiting for a reply to the thread, so i thank you BayouFlyFisher and wuyanks. Unfortunately, when i connect the phone and put the phone into the "flash" mode and press start on the application, nothing happens....

Do you think the heat got to the processor? I have a body glove on the phone, but the phone has always remained pretty cool to the touch for me, except when it was charging
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    In terms of this hardware issue, do you think that Verizon will be able to tell that the processor was over clocked?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Old man Droid CM6 - Incognito
    In terms of this hardware issue, do you think that Verizon will be able to tell that the processor was over clocked?

I would be shocked if they could diagnose that in the store. Besides, what is the worst that could happen at this point? Give it a whirl...see if they hook you up with a new or refurb droid.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    I would be shocked if they could diagnose that in the store. Besides, what is the worst that could happen at this point? Give it a whirl...see if they hook you up with a new or refurb droid.[/QUOTE]

I really don't want to fork money for a new droid, but if the processor has fried theres I don't see any way on how they could tell ya know. and if im the first one to do this then they wouldn't have any knowledge =]
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links