DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: screen wont rotate

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Let me make sure I understand this: You are saying I faked a photo to show that a photo can be faked of a photo that you say is real? I am guessing you also think the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was setup by the government. Take the photo yourself, it is real easy. I am done with this discussion as it is now serving no usefull purpose. I will be back when I see video proof.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  2. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthecat View Post
    Let me make sure I understand this: You are saying I faked a photo to show that a photo can be faked of a photo that you say is real? I am guessing you also think the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was setup by the government. Take the photo yourself, it is real easy. I am done with this discussion as it is now serving no usefull purpose. I will be back when I see video proof.
    lmao dont cry lil guy...no reason to get ur panties in a bunch...anyways...but anyways i know what i saw and so do other ppl..i doubt u will find a video (check the date this thread started) dude this **** was when the droid barely came out...
    Last edited by Malvado; 03-03-2010 at 08:00 PM.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The reason people dont' post a video is because they don't notice the damn thing until it stops working. THEN, they go and find out what the deal is on the internet. And then, too late for a video. I'd make one for ya if I had known about it. My girlfriend's Droid just stopped doin it after she dropped it a foot, and it rebooted. Then it stopped rotating. Until then, the homescreen would autorotate, and so would the lock screen. You can pretend that all of us are going insane, or you can just admit that you're being a stubborn jerk about it.
    And yes, your denial bothers me enough to register on this forum just to post.
  4. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoPan12 View Post
    The reason people dont' post a video is because they don't notice the damn thing until it stops working. THEN, they go and find out what the deal is on the internet. And then, too late for a video. I'd make one for ya if I had known about it. My girlfriend's Droid just stopped doin it after she dropped it a foot, and it rebooted. Then it stopped rotating. Until then, the homescreen would autorotate, and so would the lock screen. You can pretend that all of us are going insane, or you can just admit that you're being a stubborn jerk about it.
    And yes, your denial bothers me enough to register on this forum just to post.
    exactly =]...i find it funny that u just registered for this lol...let me guess you went online and searched for answers and it brought you here lol
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post
    exactly =]...i find it funny that u just registered for this lol...let me guess you went online and searched for answers and it brought you here lol
    That's exactly what happened. GF went and found the motorola post cause she didn't beleive me...heh. We were both like "WTH is wrong? did we break it??"
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Same deal, no rotation of the homescreen anymore. However, my co-worker was showing me that the droid reacts with a magnet and will rotate to landscape with a magnet behind it! So you can't tell me it doesn't rotate. I'll try and take video tomorrow and post it up.

I'm using Helix now but the lock page still doesn't rotate and neither does contacts.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeandffl View Post
    Same deal, no rotation of the homescreen anymore. However, my co-worker was showing me that the droid reacts with a magnet and will rotate to landscape with a magnet behind it! So you can't tell me it doesn't rotate. I'll try and take video tomorrow and post it up.

I'm using Helix now but the lock page still doesn't rotate and neither does contacts.
    I've been reading thru this thread and of course have the same problem, my droid is only 3 days old and after a slight drop this afternoon the home screen wouldn't rotate. After reading the last post found out that it reacts to a magnet so I came across a very small/thin magnet that I removed from an old blackberry holster (used to put BB's to sleep while in holster) and placed it on the back of my new droid and it enters 'car dock mode', which will rotate the home screen like it did when I got it. I was able to place the magnet in between the droid and the case and it works like it used to, but just have a 'connected to car dock' icon in the notifications. Odd how it works with the magnet there but not without, not sure if I want to take it back and get a new one. Any other ideas out there?
    Last edited by SmAXEoR; 06-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    I got my Droid 2 days ago and I'm pretty sure it never autorotated the home screen, but I'm having problems with my apps and my browser not rotating. I too have to open the keyboard, but when I close it phone goes back to portrait.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rober03 View Post
    I got my Droid 2 days ago and I'm pretty sure it never autorotated the home screen, but I'm having problems with my apps and my browser not rotating. I too have to open the keyboard, but when I close it phone goes back to portrait.

Your problem sounds like you need to change the orientation, under 'Settings/Sound and Display/Orienation', hopefully it'll autorotate for you after that.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Tried and tried again, but unfortunately the same result
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Links