DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: screen wont rotate

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That picture has been floating around the internet for a while. Can easily be faked by closing the keyboard and taking a photo due to the slight lag. I really want to see a video cause I don't think it ever worked this way.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  2. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthecat View Post
    That picture has been floating around the internet for a while. Can easily be faked by closing the keyboard and taking a photo due to the slight lag. I really want to see a video cause I don't think it ever worked this way.
    wow r u serious...the fact that there is a 100 page thread about this on motorola forum and ppl confirming it used to work doesnt cut it...even motorola said that it did work
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    The DroidMod rom autorotates.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Any home replacement can allow the auto rotate in landscape (home screen) and most roms will. Until there is video proof of a stock Droid doing it, its all mistaken users.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Any home replacement can allow the auto rotate in landscape (home screen) and most roms will. Until there is video proof of a stock Droid doing it, its all mistaken users.
    Um, no. I wasn't mistaken. This wasn't an issue of I heard that supposedly the home screen didn't auto rotate unless the keyboard was out and then jumped in with "it did for me". I was sitting at home, playing with my Droid, turned the screen expecting it to rotate and it didn't. I very, very rarely use my keyboard and I know I'm not imagining this. After being confused why my homescreen no longer rotated, I did a search and found out that people are claiming that it never happened.

Sorry, there are a lot of us who say it did, and some say it still does. I don't know why people think we're making this up.

What's worse is, it's such a dumb thing and I don't know why I'm irritated about this. I guess I don't like being called 'mistaken' or a liar when I know what I, and many others, have seen.
  6. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    here is a post from MATT at MOTOROLA FORUMS stating that due to the length of the original thread he had to make a new one...

WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU GUYS WANT!!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    He says "the current rotation scheme is not a bug, but a decision." I read that as it was designed to not rotate. Tons of people have claimed to have seen bigfoot, but I still don't believe that is real.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  8. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    He says "the current rotation scheme is not a bug, but a decision." I read that as it was designed to not rotate. Tons of people have claimed to have seen bigfoot, but I still don't believe that is real.
    well there have been many BIGFOOT SIGHTINGS as well as ppl's DROID being able to autorotate...why else would there be and AUTO ROTATE option??...and i doubt that someone was QUICK ENOUGH to precisely capture what you call the lag between the droid AUTO ROTATING due to apps
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The auto rotate option is to prevent other apps from rotating. My Ipod Touch does not rotate on the home screen.

Below is my first try at capturing this. Hey, I guess I can say my droid now rotates on the home screen!

--Robert

10. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    The auto rotate option is to prevent other apps from rotating. My Ipod Touch does not rotate on the home screen.

Below is my first try at capturing this. Hey, I guess I can say my droid now rotates on the home screen!

lmao ...that most likely is an APP allowing you enough time to do that
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Links