DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: screen wont rotate

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake3433 View Post
    I just got the droid yesterday and the home screen would go landscape i makes me mad that people say that it isnt capable of doing this, that is just bull. Shortly after getting the phone i got a message that said to update so i did, went to bed and now today i wont rotate at the home screen and even in the quick search function which is ridiculous because i like to use the landscape keyboard, so i think today i might take a trip back to verizon and see what they can do and maybe even get a new phone we'll see....
    The phone may have rotated with the original version of Android 2.0, but with the update that all the Droid's have on them now (2.0.1), you are not able to rotate the homescreen without opening the keyboard. Verizon will tell you the same thing and each replacement Droid you get will do the same thing. What I'm trying to say is...don't waste your time.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Ughhh alright thank you for saving me the time and gas going out there. i just dont get why they would take a good feature away, now having my new phone in my car dock my friends can ask why doesn't it rotate? and ill just have to say idk....
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake3433 View Post
    Ughhh alright thank you for saving me the time and gas going out there. i just dont get why they would take a good feature away, now having my new phone in my car dock my friends can ask why doesn't it rotate? and ill just have to say idk....
    If you have the Motorola card dock, the magnets should put it into navigation mode and then you should be able to use landscape mode. Most apps allow landscape mode as well, it's just the stupid homescreen that no longer rotates without the keyboard being open. It would be nice to have the option to choose which you prefer, and I have heard others say the same. Let's hope Google adds this option down the road with future updates.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i bought my droid last night and was auto rotating. and i thought it might have been a certain app i loaded today. so i did a search on here, and look what i find.

it does not auto rotate now, but i am 100% certain it did this last night. because i was showing a iphone user some of the features of the phone. that being one.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    On the issue of auto-rotate, I have the car docking station for my Motorola Droid and usually have the map/traffic displayed in landscape mode. Sometimes, when I hit a small bump, the map will go into portrait mode, even through the Droid is in a landscape orientation.

It may take 5 to 10 seconds for the phone/map to return to landscape mode. This is annoying. Does this happen to others? Any comments?
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax Droid View Post
    On the issue of auto-rotate, I have the car docking station for my Motorola Droid and usually have the map/traffic displayed in landscape mode. Sometimes, when I hit a small bump, the map will go into portrait mode, even through the Droid is in a landscape orientation.

It may take 5 to 10 seconds for the phone/map to return to landscape mode. This is annoying. Does this happen to others? Any comments?
    As was answered in your other post, The accelerometer is being tricked but the sudden jolt into thinking the phone was rotated.....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    for those of you who say it doesnt rotate, i finally have proof that it did auto rotate

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes.. and I am sitting next to my uncle at this very second and looking at his Droid.. and his screen will auto rotate and mine will not. We got them and activated them at the exact same time.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Post a video of this. It has to be a stock Droid not running a home replacement.
    --Robert

"Peace through superior firepower" requires actual firepower, not just a trite bumper sticker.
  10. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanthecat View Post
    Post a video of this. It has to be a stock Droid not running a home replacement.
    do u not see the picture i posted
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links