DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: tech issues

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy tech issues

i cheek dial all the time- the screen sensors dont work well. the phone just hangs up on ppl all the time and cant figure out why. the phone only uses the way i setup to be notified sometimes, sometimes no notifaction somes it just beeps and lights up and sometimes it does it the way i setit up to???

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adriannetomas View Post
    i cheek dial all the time- the screen sensors dont work well. the phone just hangs up on ppl all the time and cant figure out why. the phone only uses the way i setup to be notified sometimes, sometimes no notifaction somes it just beeps and lights up and sometimes it does it the way i setit up to???
    How long have you had your phone? If you have just had it a short time and don't have a lot of apps take it back. If you've had it for a while do a factory wipe and see how it works with no apps on it. Add apps on 1 at a time until you find the app that's causing you a problem.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    There is a know issue with long hair or sideburns and the proximity sensor. I didn't read all the stuff, but I know there are a lot of threads dealing with it. No idea if anyone has come up with a solution other than using a headset.

I agree with Hook, I'd do a factory reset if I was having random problems like the notifications issue.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A955
    Download SensorTest from the Market, I think the one I have was made by AtmoWorker, free. Run the app, and scroll down to the PROXIMITY readout.

Now, the proximity sensor is IR and on the upper left hand of the phone (kinda like where your notification led is, just on the other side.) Put a finger up there, and pull it back, watch for a change in numbers on the sensor.

Mine shows 2.147***** with nothing blocking it, and 3.0 with my finger blocking it.

I have read that some people have done this, and the sensor was stuck on .33 or something like that, indicating a bad sensor.
    Last edited by thatguychuck; 02-17-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Links