DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help, bluetooth deactivates at precisely 11:30pm (HTC DNA)

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA (Verizon)

Help, bluetooth deactivates at precisely 11:30pm (HTC DNA)

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forums and I have an issue I'm hoping the community might be able to help out with.

Here it is, my HTC Droid DNA deactivates bluetooth at precisely 11:30pm every night.

When this happens I'm usually on my commute home listening to Radiolab, This American Life, Planet Money, or a playlist... It's annoying to no end. I've navigated through all the settings that would seem relevant (to me anyhow) but don't see anything I've set that would cause this. I'm new to Android though and figured the community might be able to shed some light on my predicament. I've searched the forums and have Googled this to no end and have yet to find anything helpful. If I missed some obvious post here or elsewhere, my apologies.

My DNA is running the factory installed Android 4.1.1. My bluetooth headset is LG's Tone+ HBS-730 (the headset doesn't seem to be a factor in this, but I figure there's no such thing as too much information when it comes to technical issues

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jastzu; 01-10-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Clarification
  2. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastzu View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forums and I have an issue I'm hoping the community might be able to help out with.

Here it is, my HTC Droid DNA deactivates bluetooth at precisely 11:30pm every night.

When this happens I'm usually on my commute home listening to Radiolab, This American Life, Planet Money, or a playlist... It's annoying to no end. I've navigated through all the settings that would seem relevant (to me anyhow) but don't see anything I've set that would cause this. I'm new to Android though and figured the community might be able to shed some light on my predicament. I've searched the forums and have Googled this to no end and have yet to find anything helpful. If I missed some obvious post here or elsewhere, my apologies.

My DNA is running the factory installed Android 4.1.1. My bluetooth headset is LG's Tone+ HBS-730 (the headset doesn't seem to be a factor in this, but I figure there's no such thing as too much information when it comes to technical issues

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Does it come back on automatically, or stay disconnected?
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA (Verizon)
    lloyd,

Thanks for responding, sorry for my delay in doing so. I've been having problems logging in the past few days.

This isn't a temporary bluetooth drop; I've had that happen too, but I work in a data center and I chalk that up to EMI.

No, at 11:30pm my bluetooth just deactivates and I have to drop into settings to reactivate it. Something I failed to mention before is that bluetooth, Wifi and mobile data ALL shutdown at 11:30pm. To me that suggests some sort of sleep setting for these features, but I've mined "settings" numerous times and I don't see any function/setting that would cause this behavior.
  4. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Been awhile since a played with a DNA, does it have smart actions that might turn off data at 11:30?

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA (Verizon)
    Smart actions... That gives me something to go on. I'll do the research and let you know.

Thanks again.
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    It'll be in your app tray if you have it.

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)

Links