DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: NEWB: I need some serious help PLEASE!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Angry NEWB: I need some serious help PLEASE!!

So I bought the Droid a few months back, love it except for ONE thing. I get no reception where I work! Which sucks, because I spend most of my time there. Ive tried the *228 thing multiple times and nothing, bought an external antenna and nothing. SOOOO I went to CRICKET of all places and got a wireless modem for my laptop and low and behold it gets service where I work! So Im wondering if there is a way I can use my cricket broadband/laptop to get service on my droid? I guess it would be the oppositte of tethering? Its so aggrevating..I can walk outside and get service with it, but none inside. And for some reason as of now its saying unable to enable my wifi on the droid!? WTF? Anyone? Please!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    I dont know how to reverse tether..but if you have wifi at your work, you have to have patience with the droid. i bought a wireless router for my home and the first day it wouldnt connect but i just kept trying and trying and it finally just connected. ihave no explanation of why it wouldnt connect and i have no explanation of why it finaly did.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    Verizon offers a device called the Network Extender that plugs into the back of your modem.. effectively making a mini cell tower. I would think it would be frowned upon at your work though Its expensive ($250), but there are rebates and discounts if you complain enough (I got mine for $100)...
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by STIDRIVER View Post
    Verizon offers a device called the Network Extender that plugs into the back of your modem.. effectively making a mini cell tower. I would think it would be frowned upon at your work though Its expensive ($250), but there are rebates and discounts if you complain enough (I got mine for $100)...
    I have one as well...works decent.

Needs to plug directly into a router though via network cable. I'm guessing where you work the router isn't sitting next to your desk, it's most likely in the server room or God knows where.

So perhaps you could talk work into letting you install one? Everyone would be able to use it unless you set up specific numbers. I can't remember how many people can connect at once, max.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BABY!
    Depends on where you work I guess... But, I work for UPS, and they don't want you using a personal flash drive on work equipment... They'd have heart attack you tried to bring a NE in..
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STIDRIVER View Post
    I have one as well...works decent.

Needs to plug directly into a router though via network cable. I'm guessing where you work the router isn't sitting next to your desk, it's most likely in the server room or God knows where.

So perhaps you could talk work into letting you install one? Everyone would be able to use it unless you set up specific numbers. I can't remember how many people can connect at once, max.
    We have one at home as well. Works fine as long as you are not eating up your bandwidth with anything else. Then you will get dropped calls etc.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yea, I couldnt do that at work. lol. And the only way Im getting the net on my computer is with a wireless card from Cricket. However, now when I go to turn the wifi on on my droid it just says unable to turn on wifi??? Anyone?

Links