DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can the internal board be swapped?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Can the internal board be swapped?

I have a Galaxy S3 w/ VZW. I cracked the screen of my phone to the point it can no longer be used (actually the galss is fine the LCD is shot). My insurance covered a replacement however I have a few serialized apps that I can not recover since the play store apps can not be saved to the SD card. My question to a two part:
    1) How can i transfer the apps from my broken phone to my new replacement keeping in mind they have to come from the PHONe not the play store and
    2) If i take the mother board from my broken phone and put it in the new phone, will there be any conflicts, will it work, and is there any way the store will know when I return the broken phone with the new board in it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    i dont know about the tear down and replacing mother board. i would suggest not doing it.. have you tried to email the devs with those apps, described the situation and asked if they could help out?

sorry i am not much help .. also welcome to the forums
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I did, mainly my issue is with things like the Blizzard Authenticator application. I don't have the recovery information for the app and the account is not mine so I can't remove the authenticator from the account. Theres a few other work related apps that I use that are serialized too (mainly development apps for the military) and its a HUGE pain to report a broken phone and redo the apps. So I'm trying to do some kind of swap

Links