I have read hundreds of threads in several forums pretty much for the last four days. Ever since I upgraded from the Razr to the Razr MAXX ICS, I’ve had nothing but trouble with the battery drain and the phone gets extremely HOT. The Razr Maxx ICS has worse battery drain than the Razr. From what I’ve read in tons of threads, there is a bug that keeps the Media App running in the background which causes the CPU to “Keep Awake”. It’s like you’re watching a movie all day long. According to most threads, everyone is waiting for an update from Google to fix these issues. There are lots and lots of people who are having the EXACT same issues and some have ideas or “fixes” but no one seems to have a REAL fix! Here are a few I’ve tried:
1. Wipe cache partition 3X in a row.
2. Factory Reset 3X in a row.
3. Don’t use the Power Off button for screen timeout. Let it go off automatically.
4. Open the camera and use the back button to go back to the main menu to turn off camera sensor.
5. After charging all night, turn on phone and open up any app before you unplug.
6. Install GSam Battery Monitor from the market and disable Media. (This one works so far)
None of these worked for me but some claim it works for them. I installed GSam about 2 hours ago and disabled the Media App. I'm hoping this will give me temporary fix until Google comes out with a permanent solution.
My question is…
Does anyone know of something else to fix this bug???