I apologize in advance, I'm a tech dummy...
I have a Motorola Razr, It's about 7 months old - Ever since the big update a month or so back, it hasn't worked well at all... about the only thing it does right is phone calls and texts. Verizon store guy wants to wipe everything out and start all over... but doesn't know if it'll fix my issues.
* - WiFi connections - used to pick up connections and connect all the time... now, most of the time it won't even connect to the one in my house, standing 20 feet from the wireless router. When it does the signal barely gets to one bar.
* - GPS / Navigation - Used to work well - now it just tries to find satellites and does nothing.
* - Games - Most stop working as soon as you press start them, then you have to restart them. Essentially you have to start the games twice.
* - Google Play - Can't connect 95% of the time... guessing this is a wifi issue.
* - Mute Button - Stupid mute button randomly engages itself when connected to bluetooth. To clarify - I get in my car and leave my phone in the holster... NOW I have to take it out and un-mute it... but not on all calls.
* - Whenever I connect to the wireless at work using the WEP key (to print work related emails / texts for instance) it kills the internet for everything else - wired and wireless. (Actually... this last one was going on before the update).
There's other stuff, but those are the big ones. At this point I'm p***ed... stupid Iphones don't seem to have this problem.
About Phone info:
System Version = 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.
Android Version = 4.0.4
Baseband Version= CDMA_N_05-11-01PLTEDC_U_09.11.00
Webtop Version = wt-3.0.0
Kernal Versio = 3.0.8-g28cf5e7
Build Number = 6.7.2-18_-DHD-16-M4-31
Build Date = Jul 14, 14:57:16 CDT 2012
Will a reboot or whatever fix my issues? Should I just uninstall all apps one by one and see if anything gets better? Should I flush it down the toilet?
Any help is greatly appreciated.