DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Verizon 4G LTE sucks - why aren't there more posts?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Verizon 4G LTE sucks - why aren't there more posts?

If I am moving, I can't keep a data connection. If I am sitting in one place, it is OK at best. Everybody I have talked to has the same problem. Anything that requires a re-verification of my sim card authenticity to the network causes an instant drop of my data connection. That could be something as simple as a lightning bolt 20 miles away causing a 3 millisecond drop in the connection, a bird flying in front of the tower, gremlins, Santa Claus, or whatever else Verizon wants to blame it on.

But they aren't fixing the problem and, worse, they are denying that there is a problem. A friend of mine needs his data connection because he has to access data when he is in business meetings. I do a lot of my computing "cloud style" now because all I need is my phone and a lapdock. It's really an issue sometimes because I am a firefighter/paramedic and our map books suck. I use the GPS to find the address for my calls. Do you know what it's like to sit on the aprin for 5 minutes while you wait for your little "4G" to turn from white to blue?

Everybody I talk to has the same problem. It's the same across all phones. The only common denominator is 4G LTE. Why isn't Verizon doing anything about it and why aren't more people speaking up?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    MaXX
    In our area 4G is very reliable and quicker than a lot of land lines.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    It's lightning fast here, too - when it works. Just do a google search for verizon 4G connection issues and you'll get a gazillion hits. I'm in Tampa, FL, which should be rock solid. But I can watch my 4G turn from blue to white with 3 bars of signal. It's more than annoying.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    There's lots of people posting complaints! Many saying they keep calling VZW , MOTO , etc... Demanding new phones, only to have the new phones do the same thing !
    My Bionic drops several times a day! It is frustrating I know!!! But......I'm just not sure?
    I think at the moment its gotta just be a flawed technology that's gonna take time for all the bugs and issues to be worked out???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Don't know if it'll work for ya, but you could try just putting it into "cdma 3g" only mode? Worth a try?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nah. I thought of that, but the problem is in the authentication of the sim card - which is the same for 3G or 4G. When Verizon changes you over to the 4G network, your authorization for the data also changes. That's why you can't use a 3G phone with a 4G plan - a 4G plan sends EVERYTHING to the sim card. It won't even let you go to 1x when it drops authorization.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I'm in Massachusetts and I have 4g almost everywhere now and it's still as fast as ever(between 10mbps and 20mpbs)... Only time I lose 4g is in small towns I travel through and it switches between 4g and 3g instantly...
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I wish mine would switch instantly. It used to, but then it got worse. It's been better over the last couple of days, but even my wife says her new 4G phone is worse than her old 3G phone - and she's not exactly what you'd call tech-savvy.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola Bionic
    i have the same problem, intermittent connection, it sucks when we paid for a 4G phone and we dont get the service offered by Verizon. they changed my phone 4 times, sim card as well and finally they gave me a different phone. (Motorola Bionic) the funny thing is that i have the same problem. So far i had to downgrade it to 3G and is working. Slow but it is working. I think im gonna have to switch to Metro PCS or TMobil, cheaper and im pretty sure they have a better service now.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post
    i have the same problem, intermittent connection, it sucks when we paid for a 4G phone and we dont get the service offered by Verizon. they changed my phone 4 times, sim card as well and finally they gave me a different phone. (Motorola Bionic) the funny thing is that i have the same problem. So far i had to downgrade it to 3G and is working. Slow but it is working. I think im gonna have to switch to Metro PCS or TMobil, cheaper and im pretty sure they have a better service now.
    Lol first I thought you were joking but you really think their better? Idk I never really had a problem with my 4g and we used to live right on the fringes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links