DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Verizon 4G LTE sucks - why aren't there more posts?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm not willing to call it "fixed" yet, but it's not been nearly as bad for me, either, over the last couple of days. My wife has a razr and just did the OTA to ics. She says her problem is solved. It looks as if Verizon has been doing some updating. I would say it's in preparation for the RNC, but I had big problems in Miami, too. It was a problem over a large area.

The question I have is: If an upgrade needed to be done, 1) why was everything OK until they started upgrading - then it went to crap? And 2) If they knew what they needed to do, why did it take so long to do it?
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by paramax55 View Post
    The question I have is: If an upgrade needed to be done, 1) why was everything OK until they started upgrading - then it went to crap? And 2) If they knew what they needed to do, why did it take so long to do it?
    Any large network will have issues as it grows and expands. Some issues can be caused by misconfiguration of switches and routers, some with the firmware on the actual cell site equipment itself. A (comparatively) small corporate network will have issues as it grows and expands, something on a nationwide scale can only be expected to have MORE issues. It wasn't all sunshine and roses when the 3G network came about, either. As for issues creeping up during the expansion, it's possible that there are multiple towers on the same network "segment" and maybe the new ones have later firmware on their base station equipment. Firmware inconsistencies among devices on the same network segment cause connectivity issues, unfortunately. It's the nature of the beast. We had major issues with our wifi network at work until we went around and updated all of the access points to the latest firmware. Simply because the access points weren't "talking to each other" correctly.
    dezymond likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links