DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: getting really frustrated

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Angry getting really frustrated

I loved my phone for the first few months. The last few weeks...not so much

1) mediaplayer automatically turns on when I plug in headphones and is a PITA to turn off.

2) I get a call and answer it...and I can't hear anything. Reboot the phone and back to normal. The caller could hear me just fine. Its done this 4 times now

3) it mysteriously turned itself off yesterday. No warning, just off.

4) while its on its docking station (Motorola part), the weather quit displaying -- degrees. Also while on the docking station its not gone into dock mode before. If I remove it from the dock and put it back, it will work, but why does it take two tries?
    MY FIRST SMARTPHONE

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsredlines View Post
    I loved my phone for the first few months. The last few weeks...not so much

1) mediaplayer automatically turns on when I plug in headphones and is a PITA to turn off.

2) I get a call and answer it...and I can't hear anything. Reboot the phone and back to normal. The caller could hear me just fine. Its done this 4 times now

3) it mysteriously turned itself off yesterday. No warning, just off.

4) while its on its docking station (Motorola part), the weather quit displaying -- degrees. Also while on the docking station its not gone into dock mode before. If I remove it from the dock and put it back, it will work, but why does it take two tries?
    I think you have an app that's not playing nice with your phone. Here's what you need to do. Do a hard reset and remove everything except the basics. See how it performs for a day or so. Then start adding your apps back on. See if you can't find the one that's causing you an issue.

BTW, if you have Advance Task Killer I'd try removing that first. That's been known to cause issues on other peoples phones and just removing it fixed them.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hmmmm, I just removed about 9 apps...not all but the ones that are left are ones I used for months with no issue. Will do a hard reset and see how it goes. Thanks!
    MY FIRST SMARTPHONE
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Here's my current list of apps....after removing ones that MAY be faulty. These should be ok...correct?

Droid Light
    Google Maps
    Bank of America mobile banking
    Pandora
    Photobucket
    Shazam
    The Weather Channel

Hopefully all is well.
    MY FIRST SMARTPHONE
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Kang-er-droid
    I don't fully understand the error, but I don't believe its something you can fix. Speakerphone for it will probably work though. Because I had the same problem happen to me (VZW gave me a new droid though, and now its allll better)

P.S. this is for number three.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Here's my current list of apps....after removing ones that MAY be faulty. These should be ok...correct?

Droid Light
    Google Maps
    Bank of America mobile banking
    Pandora
    Photobucket
    Shazam
    The Weather Channel

Hopefully all is well.
    Yes, give it some time to make sure it worked.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    I don't fully understand the error, but I don't believe its something you can fix. Speakerphone for it will probably work though. Because I had the same problem happen to me (VZW gave me a new droid though, and now its allll better)

P.S. this is for number three.
    No idea what's causing it? It did it today, I was listening to pandora then got a call and when I answered it...no sound (yes, headphones were unplugged).
    Then I went to play a youtube video, no sound again. Reboot and its back to normal, but for how long?

It also did no sound from a call on Sunday night. Reboot and back to normal...until this morning.
    MY FIRST SMARTPHONE
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well I am down to those apps and did a hard reboot earlier...youtube app isn't playing sound, but the phone still chimes when I receive a text. Guess its time to go to verizon. Grrrr
    MY FIRST SMARTPHONE
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Well I am down to those apps and did a hard reboot earlier...youtube app isn't playing sound, but the phone still chimes when I receive a text. Guess its time to go to verizon. Grrrr
    Yes, when it story still fails after all that you need to replace the phone. If I were you I'd do it with Verizon over the phone. But that's up to you. Some Verizon stores may want to duplicate the problem. If they hassle you just walk out and call Verizon.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Auto-play of default media player - very annoying, no idea how to get rid of it,

Phone seaker not working after something was plugged in headphones jack - a known problem (google for it), pluging/unpluging something again usually helps, I solved it by going bluetooth only... BTW speakerphone still works so if it happens you can sort of solve the problem immediately ...

Reboots - it happens sometime, if it happens too often try to figure out which app is responsible.

ero
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links