DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Text message memory full

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Have apps 2 sd since before froyo. All apps that can be moved to sd have been moved. I keep getting the message even though I remove apps. The internal memory does not increase. It's as if the memory is going into a black hole somewhere.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I posted in a thread similar to this a few days back and didn't hear much. I'm in the same boat except I've had my phone for a year and this just started happening recently. I've got all the apps I can on my SD card, I've deleted apps, I've cleared caches, etc. My phone memory fluctuates from 16-28mb but that doesn't seem to matter. Any suggestions short of a trip to the Verizon store?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I am having the same problem. I haven't tried the app2sd app yet, but I'll do that in a bit. Is there any way to store pictures and music to the sd? I don't understand the point of having an SD card if everything is stored to the phone. Hopefully I'm missing something simple.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 2
    Have u gone to message settings and changed the amount of messages to allow?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Is there any way to store pictures and music to the sd? I don't understand the point of having an SD card if everything is stored to the phone.
    The pix and music are automatically stored on the SD card. Unless when you transferred them from your computer you put it on the phone memory, which I am not even sure you could do that as there is not alot of internal memory on the original droid for many pix/music files.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

I had this and low storage space msg

And the app updates would not download AND my gmail would not update messages. So I took it to Verizon, they told me to delete Advanced Task Killer (Green). After that didn't work, they started to transfer apps to SD. As they were making this a one by one process, I told them I would do it later. I went home, tried to transfer but was not given the option on the one or two I tried. So I decided to delete some apps that I didn't use, got one or two done with no impact, then...I deleted EARTH, and bingo, everything started working...gmail downloaded new messages, apps downloaded updates, and the error messages went away.

So, at least for me, the culprit was EARTH.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    this just happened to me so i started looking up solutions online. its seems as though the culprit is just random apps...
    i dont have earth so it couldnt be that but then i read a thread that said it was a weather app, so i deleted weatherbug. the message went away for maybe 2 minutes then popped right back up. i had also just downloaded angry birds seasons today so i uninstalled that and i noticed that talking tom cat was taking up a significant amount of space so i went and uninstalled that app also. both the "text message memory full" and the other low memory warnings went right away. its been 30 minutes and it hasnt popped back up yet but ill post here again if it does.

i just wish i did all of that before i went and deleted all my text messages :/
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    GNX
    I am on here looking for a solution to the problem too. The message seems to show when there is ~26mb of free memory in the /data folder. This seems to be both app space and text message storage. What I find odd is that I only have 174mb of apps, but my phone reports that 232mb is used within that folder, so there is an extra 60 mb of *stuff* taking up that valuable space
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Moving aps 2 SD made the difference for me. I just moved the biggest ones. Anything in the 1mb range and over was targeted. Earth was 20mb before I moved it, and 15mb AFTER I moved it. After that, my text's started rolling in. I'm guessing that you need ~40mb free to avoid the error.

Actually, now that I'm looking...App 2 SD has a Phone Only section that lists that apps that CAN'T be moved to SD. I bet you'll find some apps there you don't really use...

HTH.

-KP
    Last edited by kpeters59; 12-10-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Clarity
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Ally

Phone storage numbers

I was just wondering, what kind of capacity, how many MB of storage is considered "low"? I'm wondering if my phone is really acting up on me or actualy just functioning correctly. Because I got a notice that was "phone storage low" and "text messages full" though I only had about 150 (give or take) messages total on my phone.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links