DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone returned their droid

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Has anyone returned their droid

I was wondering what the best way is to go about exchanging your droid. Something is going on with mine where it keeps force closing, the screen keeps going blank and I have to pull out the battery, won't make calls, sometimes won't send texts. Needless to say I want a different one. What is the best way to go about exchanging it? I bought it online but I don't really want to send it back and wait for the return. I don't think I have my original box for it anymore. Will that create a problem? I would love to just take it to a verizon store and walk out with a new one. Any info on this process would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by codyodyody View Post
    I was wondering what the best way is to go about exchanging your droid. Something is going on with mine where it keeps force closing, the screen keeps going blank and I have to pull out the battery, won't make calls, sometimes won't send texts. Needless to say I want a different one. What is the best way to go about exchanging it? I bought it online but I don't really want to send it back and wait for the return. I don't think I have my original box for it anymore. Will that create a problem? I would love to just take it to a verizon store and walk out with a new one. Any info on this process would be greatly appreciated.

You don't have to send it in first. Call service and they will send a new one, in a box, with a return FedEx label. Piece of cake.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    To get a replacement, I would call *611. They mail out a replacement, when you receive it you mail the old one back. However, your problems do not sound like a bad unit, sounds more like a software problem. How long have you had the phone?
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    You should be able to just walk in and show them what its doing....and they'll give you a new one...I've never returned mine, but that's what everyone that has returned it has said basically....but, I'm not sure since you got it online, it might depend on their stipulations....or it might depend on what company you got it from.....I'm really not sure man...

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If it is because of an app you use, you are bound to create the problem with a new phone. You need to do some research as far as your problem goes. Before returning it, do a factory reset and see if the problems are still there. If so, take a new one. If factory reset solves the problem, start installing apps again 1 by 1.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have only had it two months. I just had them do a factory reset and the same problems keep coming up.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The problems keep happening before you re-download your apps? If so, *611 is the way to go.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm not sure because i did download some apps....but honestlly I have only downloaded a few amount of apps. has there been problems with beautiful widgets? The apps I have are only very basic ones (file manager, wavesecure, pandora)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Keep checking back on this post today, someone with a clue will give better help with the apps than I can. I would for sure rule out software issues first though, last thing you want is to go through the trouble of getting a replacement, getting it set all back up, then having the same problems arise.

Try posting a new thread with your issues and app list in the Tech Issues board.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    what is wavesecure? like a firewall/virus util?

i've heard complaints of beautiful widgets and success, but keep in mind that anything that alters your home is likely to cause issues.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links