DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid lag problems

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic

Droid lag problems

I love my Droid but I am close to the point of returning/exchanging it. The lag is extremely bad especially with Exchange email (I use Touchdown). I dont believe I have gone more than 4 days without a freeze requiring a reboot (normally 2-3 days is the average). Can anyone suggest how I can improve the lag? It didnt used to be so bad. These are the apps/widgets I have installed (deleted Adv Task Killer on advice from this forum), any help would be appreciated as I am getting very frustrated!

Home ++
    Beautiful Widgets
    Touchdown
    AK notepad
    Barcode scanner
    Shop Savvy
    Calorie counter
    Better Cut
    MotoTorch LED
    Wheres my droid
    Weather bug
    Wave Secure
    Flight stats lite
    Battery life
    Documents to go I have the free version,
    Keyring
    Glympse
    Google voice
    Shazam
    Tripit
    Where
    Stocks
    Movies
    Speed test
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I removed Home++ a while ago, as it was causing lag on my device. Out of your list of apps that is really the only one that jumps out at me that may be causing it.

You will lose your set up, but you can uninstall Home++ and see if it increases performance.

If not, you my want to try a factory reset, as VZW will have you do this before they offer you an exchange anyway.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    I removed Home++ a while ago, as it was causing lag on my device. Out of your list of apps that is really the only one that jumps out at me that may be causing it.

You will lose your set up, but you can uninstall Home++ and see if it increases performance.

If not, you my want to try a factory reset, as VZW will have you do this before they offer you an exchange anyway.
    Was a bit slow with Home++, but since I installed BetterCut and Beautiful widgets, it seems to have slowed down further.

DOnt know if anyone has any other suggestions before I uninstall home++ &/or factory reset? Am really loathe to uninstall home++, it's taken me 3 months to get the look of the Droid just right!
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    I've found the latest version of Home++ pretty stable. Another good alternative is SweeterHome.. it's actually almost too much though. Only reason I'm not using it was because there were too many themes and the theme designer needed some work. But it's VERY functional and powerful.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    advanced task killer is a must! keeps your phone from lagging and kills all the apps you dont need running... also lots of widgets slow it down especially with more than the standard 3 homescreens.. i had panda home but got rid of it when it froze my phone
    "If you think education is hard, try being ignorant."
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfoshee View Post
    advanced task killer is a must! keeps your phone from lagging and kills all the apps you dont need running... also lots of widgets slow it down especially with more than the standard 3 homescreens.. i had panda home but got rid of it when it froze my phone
    ATK has been shown to cause problems on peoples phones as well. And you really don't need a task killer app, you have the capability to do that on your phone without using a task killer. Settings/Applictions/Manage Applications/menu/filter and select running. You can kill any task running this way.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    I used to be EXTREMELY annoyed with the lag on my Droid.....especially in the browser....but I finally got rid of it by overclocking...and I will probably never go back to the standard clock speed unless I see some problems out of it....it is extremely smooth now on just about everything...oh yeah, and another thing that got rid of browser lag, was switching my stock browser out for the Milestone's browser, and this was before I overclocked it, this browser is actually 10 times smoother than the stock on the Droid...and plus it has multi-touch, and the double-tap if you don't like multi-touch....mix this with about 1GHz CPU speed, and its pretty damn close to being as smooth as the iPhone browser

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    I used to be EXTREMELY annoyed with the lag on my Droid.....especially in the browser....but I finally got rid of it by overclocking...and I will probably never go back to the standard clock speed unless I see some problems out of it....it is extremely smooth now on just about everything...oh yeah, and another thing that got rid of browser lag, was switching my stock browser out for the Milestone's browser, and this was before I overclocked it, this browser is actually 10 times smoother than the stock on the Droid...and plus it has multi-touch, and the double-tap if you don't like multi-touch....mix this with about 1GHz CPU speed, and its pretty damn close to being as smooth as the iPhone browser
    Dont really want to root my phone as it is a company phone and I would hate to explain that I had bricked something that doesnt technically belong to me :-)

I assume there is no way to overclock without rooting (as far as I have read, that seems to be the case).
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo95 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    Dont really want to root my phone as it is a company phone and I would hate to explain that I had bricked something that doesnt technically belong to me :-)

I assume there is no way to overclock without rooting (as far as I have read, that seems to be the case).
    "Bricked" is a term that is mis-used. A 'brick' is useless, a paperweight, no hope left. It's incredibly hard to actually 'brick' your Droid.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Every lag problem I had turned out to be either home replacement programs (all of them seemed to cause lags on my Droid with Home++ being the worse; and I hated getting rid of it) or programs that did not "play well" together. Swype did not work well with several of my other programs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links