Sorry if this has come up somewhere else, but this is driving me nuts and I've had zero luck searching the issue (found some threads on google's help forum that came close, but not quite there).
I have an issue with Google Talk that has repeated itself several times. I haven't yet done exhaustive testing, but it's cropped up enough to seem repeatable. My issue is with opening a Google Talk chat from within the notification pane. Here's the scenario:
- receive a ping from a buddy in google talk, it appears in my notification shade with some of the text (this is fine)
- tap on conversation from within notification shade in order to open the conversation and reply
- this launches Google talk momentarily and it then closes -- this does not appear to be an error-less force close, the app is still running I think, it just returns me to the home screen without ever opening the conversation thread
- with the notification now gone (I clicked on it) I have to tap the Google Talk icon from my homescreen.
- this opens Google talk to my buddy list, not to the conversation in question
- tap on contact with conversation bubble to open conversation thread
This issue seems to crop up when Google talk opens, by default, to the buddy list (not the conversation). After experiencing this issue I typically do the following:
- reply to the ping I have just received
- hit the home haptic key to return to my homescreen - without returning to the buddy-list view in Google Talk
- when I receive another ping I am able to open directly to the conversation thread using the notification pane item
I'm looking for anyone who might have had a similar issue or anyone who has any thoughts. My apologies if this isn't totally clear, the scenario is a little hard to write out. Let me know and I can clarify anything. Thanks!