DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Installing Custom Roms Leads to NOTHING

  1. Droid
    hooblah2u2's Avatar
    Member #
    19301
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Droid =]
    #1

    Angry Installing Custom Roms Leads to NOTHING

    I've attempted installing three roms thus far: Bugless Beauty, Bugless Beast, and Sholes 1.2. The install is 100% successful, but always after the boot animation, my Droid just shuts off. I then have to go back and restore my last backup.

    To clear things up, I have the latest version of SPRecovery and have already installed a 2.1 rom. Root and busybox are both installed as well.

    It's very disappointing... I've searched and searched but I cannot find a solution to this specific problem.

    I know the Droidforums.net community is very good on helping each other out and finding solutions so I thank you in advance for your help!
    Last edited by hooblah2u2; 02-02-2010 at 08:23 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #2
    What guide did you follow? The one that is linked from the thread in my signature?
  4. Droid
    hooblah2u2's Avatar
    Member #
    19301
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Droid =]
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    What guide did you follow? The one that is linked from the thread in my signature?
    Well I just took a quick look at it and I didn't find it useful to this specific problem. It's an excellent guide! I wish I had known of it before I rooted just to clear some things up, but I didn't find the answer to this problem within it.

    Just to be clear I am currently running 2.1 from a rom I installed, so I'm not sure what is different this time.

    Here is the guide I was trying to use:
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beauty [Stable] V0.8.5 (2/2/10)
  5. Droid
    yungo845's Avatar
    Member #
    2181
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Is your phone rooted? do you have busybox and do you have a nandroid folder?
  6. Droid
    hooblah2u2's Avatar
    Member #
    19301
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    48
    Phone
    Droid =]
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by yungo845 View Post
    Is your phone rooted? do you have busybox and do you have a nandroid folder?
    Yep all that is taken care of!
    I have SPRecovery .99.2b or whatever the latest one is.
    I've even installed a custom 2.1 rom before!
  7. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hooblah2u2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    What guide did you follow? The one that is linked from the thread in my signature?
    Well I just took a quick look at it and I didn't find it useful to this specific problem. It's an excellent guide! I wish I had known of it before I rooted just to clear some things up, but I didn't find the answer to this problem within it.

    Just to be clear I am currently running 2.1 from a rom I installed, so I'm not sure what is different this time.

    Here is the guide I was trying to use:
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beauty [Stable] V0.8.5 (2/2/10)
    Sorry if I was not clear, I wasn't trying to say that was going to fix it, was just trying to see what thread you were using so someone with experience from that rom and that thread could be of more assistance.
  8. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #7
    go to AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast [950MHz & Wifi] V0.7.3 (2/2/10)

    Scroll down to Update.zip Installation and follow the directions. They are clear and simple and work. I've used them three times successfully and am about to use them for the forth time.
  9. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    go to AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast [950MHz & Wifi] V0.7.3 (2/2/10)

    Scroll down to Update.zip Installation and follow the directions. They are clear and simple and work. I've used them three times successfully and am about to use them for the forth time.
    I forgot to note that you can ignore this step (at least I have every time I've used this guide): -Uninstall any apk & odex files I previously moved to /data (Only If Installing Over 0.7 Or Previous ROMS)
  10. Droid Sensei
    BayouFlyFisher's Avatar
    Member #
    14195
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    4,969
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    go to AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast [950MHz & Wifi] V0.7.3 (2/2/10)

    Scroll down to Update.zip Installation and follow the directions. They are clear and simple and work. I've used them three times successfully and am about to use them for the forth time.
    I forgot to note that you can ignore this step (at least I have every time I've used this guide): -Uninstall any apk & odex files I previously moved to /data (Only If Installing Over 0.7 Or Previous ROMS)
    In the four minutes since I added the post above, I installed Bugless Beast 7.2. It's that quick and easy.
  11. Banned
    Matth3w's Avatar
    Member #
    25413
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Posts
    152
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    #10
    I want to install 7.3 but people are complaining that there are problems with the market on 7.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Roms
    By drmcstford in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
  2. Installing New Roms but Black Screen
    By hooblah2u2 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 06:36 PM
  3. Problem installing custom recovery
    By Lithrel in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 07:29 AM
  4. Any news on custom ROMs?
    By whatiam in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
  5. Question about custom ROMS...
    By SwordOfWar in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Search tags for this page

bug custom rom
,
foreclosing+of++android+after+custom+rom installation
,
how to install custom roms droid
,

how to install custom roms on droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+