I've had my smartphone for a few months--it is a Droid by Motorola with a slide out keypad.
For a couple of weeks when I try to write a text I'm lucky to get 2 words down and it either:
1) stops working and takes me back to my home screen
2) I get a "Sorry!" Activity is not responding and gives me the option of Force close, Wait, Report (can't report--because I CAN'T TEXT). lol
3) I get one or two words down, it automatically takes me to the previous screen (my messages) and I have to keep going back and forth between the screens getting one or two words in at a time
4) it doesn't show what I'm typing as I'm typing--then kicks me out.
5) after typing a couple of words there is a delay between my typing and when it shows on the screen, or instead of showing the letters I'm typing weird vertical lines appear.
I have, turned the power on and off, removed the battery, tried texting in different applications such as handcent (which I downloaded after the problem began to see if texting would work in a different application), cleared my data for my texting app's.
No matter if I'm texting through facebook messenger, the texting program that came installed in the phone when I bought it, or the one I just downloaded and tried I can't get the problem to go away.
PLEASE HELP ME.