DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 152

Thread: Understanding Battery Life...

  1. Droid Newbie
    lamar's Avatar
    Member #
    22918
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    724 971 1372
    Hello, I am a "Newbie", will this affect anything else on the phone? I have an Eris. Can you please tell me how to get to this setting?

    Thank You,
    Michael
  2. Droid Newbie
    NickName's Avatar
    Member #
    17717
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

    Understanding Battery Life

    Great Topic buddy, also to add to that WIFI is a major killer as well. I notice when I shut off my wifi and GPS location my phone is a complete power house and it lasts all day. Wifi is a major battery killer no need to have it on if your just chilling with the family or running errands. But great suggestions. ALSO DROID IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.............UNTIL DROID 2 COMES OUT LOL
  3. Junior Droid
    iDroided's Avatar
    Member #
    8378
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by NickName View Post
    Great Topic buddy, also to add to that WIFI is a major killer as well. I notice when I shut off my wifi and GPS location my phone is a complete power house and it lasts all day. Wifi is a major battery killer no need to have it on if your just chilling with the family or running errands. But great suggestions. ALSO DROID IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.............UNTIL DROID 2 COMES OUT LOL
    I believe using WIFI will actually conserve more energy as opposed to just running it off 3G.

    EDIT: Maybe this is just when browsing, and keeping it off otherwise?
    Last edited by iDroided; 01-07-2010 at 01:03 AM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Leave em all on. I think anyone who tries to micro manage these settings is wasting time....

    The GPS only gets used when an app needs it.

    Wi-Fi takes WAY less energy than your phone attempting a constant connection to a far tower.

    Bluetooth only activates when you are near your car.

    Etc...

    I leave them all on.

    Quote Originally Posted by iDroided View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickName View Post
    Great Topic buddy, also to add to that WIFI is a major killer as well. I notice when I shut off my wifi and GPS location my phone is a complete power house and it lasts all day. Wifi is a major battery killer no need to have it on if your just chilling with the family or running errands. But great suggestions. ALSO DROID IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.............UNTIL DROID 2 COMES OUT LOL
    I believe using WIFI will actually conserve more energy as opposed to just running it off 3G.

    EDIT: Maybe this is just when browsing, and keeping it off otherwise?
  5. Master Droid
    DesktopDevin's Avatar
    Member #
    9867
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Garner, NC
    Posts
    297
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Leave em all on. I think anyone who tries to micro manage these settings is wasting time....

    The GPS only gets used when an app needs it.

    Wi-Fi takes WAY less energy than your phone attempting a constant connection to a far tower.

    Bluetooth only activates when you are near your car.

    Etc...

    I leave them all on.

    Quote Originally Posted by iDroided View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickName View Post
    Great Topic buddy, also to add to that WIFI is a major killer as well. I notice when I shut off my wifi and GPS location my phone is a complete power house and it lasts all day. Wifi is a major battery killer no need to have it on if your just chilling with the family or running errands. But great suggestions. ALSO DROID IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.............UNTIL DROID 2 COMES OUT LOL
    I believe using WIFI will actually conserve more energy as opposed to just running it off 3G.

    EDIT: Maybe this is just when browsing, and keeping it off otherwise?
    I would add one caveat to this with security in mind...for battery usage this works. But if you are on your company's wifi most likely they are logging usage so if there is anything you don't want them to see where you are going to like careerbuilder, personal email,...yada yada you want to leave your wifi off .

    And I am very leary of connecting to any public access points where I don't know the owner of that AP it leaves you open for a man in the middle type attack unless you are using an encrypted tunnel to a proxy.

    But then again my wife says that I am just paranoid about these types of things.
  6. Master Droid
    TuBitMittens's Avatar
    Member #
    24493
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    568
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    About wifi vs. 3G WHAT TRULY DRAINS BATTERY QUICKER?????? I always wondered that.
  7. Senior Droid
    mtbhk44's Avatar
    Member #
    14421
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    222
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by TuBitMittens View Post
    About wifi vs. 3G WHAT TRULY DRAINS BATTERY QUICKER?????? I always wondered that.
    I'll say this...if you have a constant wifi connection then wifi is better for battery life than letting the phone hunt for a 3G signal. However, if you are travelling then you are better off leaving wifi off because the phone will use power to find a wifi signal for you to connect to.
  8. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Simple - Whichever is using the phone most.

    Complicated - 3G can use more than WIFI even if your wifi is using the phone most if you are in an area where you can't get a signal.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuBitMittens View Post
    About wifi vs. 3G WHAT TRULY DRAINS BATTERY QUICKER?????? I always wondered that.
  9. Droid
    pushdrops's Avatar
    Member #
    26068
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    cell

    Question Same here on the initial 24hr charge

    Quote Originally Posted by metsnfins View Post
    if i didnt do that 24 hour charge thing, is my battery shot now?
    our sales person did not tell us that we were to charge the phone fully before using it. we set them up at the store (new droid and eris) and used them (when home) until the batteries died (the same night) , then charged them overnight (a good 16hrs).

    the batteries when "new" , taking home from the store were at around 50% btw.

    does this mean that we should have our batteries replaced since they didn't inform us to charge them fully immediately?

    the batt's seems to last about the same as my work iphone 3gs except that when my Droid gets down to 20%, it drains very quickly.

    thanks
  10. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Since you're a newb to the forum I'll be nice and suggest next time please read the prior 12 pages before you ask a question like this.

    The answer you would have found about 12 times would be that you cannot hurt a li-ion battery by not charging it, undercharging it, overcharging it, or pooping on it.

    Don't worry about it. Your battery is fine. By the way I suggest a dry poop otherwise you may get some electrical problems...
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Battery Life
    By nhynes86 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 05:23 AM
  2. Poor battery life / long recharge times..?
    By android in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 02:15 AM
  3. Battery Life Article
    By greenchicken in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 08:05 AM
  4. Battery Life App?
    By mrpbjnance in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 07:50 PM
  5. Droid Battery Life
    By danDroid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Search tags for this page

charge paused for battery durability
,
charging paused due to battery durability
,

charging paused for battery durability

,
charging paused for battery durability captivate
,
charging paused for battery durability samsung
,
charging paused for battery durability?
,
charging paused to preserve battery durability
,
charging stopped for battery durability
,
what does charging paused for battery durability mean
,
why does my phone say charging paused for battery durability
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+