DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Battery Life...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    has anyone tried turning "background data" off?

turned it off and it saves a lot of battery. my battery lasts as much as 40% more now . maybe its just me but i think it makes a lot of difference.

btw its in setting under account & sync
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Turning that off will cripple your ability to do most things with your phone..

If I turned off 3g, didn't take calls, and never turned on the screen I think I could go a week.

Quote Originally Posted by EsiEmi View Post
    has anyone tried turning "background data" off?

turned it off and it saves a lot of battery. my battery lasts as much as 40% more now . maybe its just me but i think it makes a lot of difference.

btw its in setting under account & sync
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Milestone.
    When supposed OFF, The omap may be fully OFF (very few power supply, sufficient to rapidly goes back to life) which will really save battery life. On the droid it efficient, not on the milestone which has a different modem.

Some figures that may be interresting if you fin that when doing aplication, batteries drops very quick...
    A cortexa8 that do a while(toto) at about 550~600 is about 100mAmps. If it's drhystoning (70% cache), it's more about 300mAmps... You battery is 1400mAh... and these consumption are only for the cortex, it's far from being the only contributor. Graphics and memory in particular are good ones .
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

dellbert

From time to time I go to use the phone and it's dead. then I noticed when I put back in the case it turns back on ! I have to push the button again to turn it off after I put it back in the case. does anybody have this problem?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    bb curve
    Quote Originally Posted by tty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galindo62 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tty View Post
    After a full charge, "spare parts" application shows that my battery has voltage 4158mV. A trained battery should have higher voltage. (Based on information from Motorola, the battery should be trained on page 8. http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...cks_EngVZW.pdf)

If you got a bad voltage number (< 4000mV), you may get a bad battery.
    I haven't trained my battery but I'm at 4100, usually....
    That means your battery is OK. You may try to check where your battery power is going using "spare parts" (under partial wake usage). I believe a full charge can let you browse internet for more than 4 hours.
    So the voltage shows if your battery is okay or not? I have the BatteryLife widget and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I dont tihnk I've ever seen my voltage >4000 mV. Right now its at 3796 mV. Does that mean I have a bad battery? I do tend to get horrible battery life also.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    Wow! This was a first for me. I unplugged my phone at 5 a.m. and at 3:19 a.m., I still have 40% battery life. Bought my Droid on release day. I usually unplug about 5-530 a.m.. however, I usually have to plug back up about 630 in the evening. I didn't do anymore or any less than I usually do on my phone. Just thought I'd share my battery life story.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I have had an issue with the battery in the last two days only. All of a sudden it was like to phone went to hell! Lagging screen, force closes for everything, battery sucked dry in three hours from a full charge. I looked at the battery usage and it was the Android system that was sucking it dry at 42%. I started nocking off apps until I found the culprit!! Antivirus app was killing my phone!! Anyone know if these phones really need an antivirus or had any issues with these kind of apps??
    Last edited by aacanela73; 01-03-2010 at 09:19 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sorry if this has been asked already but how do you set the time interval for syncing gmail?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by aacanela73 View Post
    I have had an issue with the battery in the last two days only. All of a sudden it was like to phone went to hell! Lagging screen, force closes for everything, battery sucked dry in three hours from a full charge. I looked at the battery usage and it was the Android system that was sucking it dry at 42%. I started nocking off apps until I found the culprit!! Antivirus app was killing my phone!! Anyone know if these phones really need an antivirus or had any issues with these kind of apps??
    I would say you don't really need an antivirus. Each app runs as its own user and none of them have root permissions. I suppose it's at least remotely possible there's a virus or worm out there for Android, but it's unlikely.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    724 971 1372

E-Mail push on Droid Eris

Hello, I am new to Android phones. I just got an Eris & I am able to receive e-mail if I manually "refresh" it. But how do I set it to refresh automatically. I have my setting to refresh every 15 minutes but it does not do it. Can anyone please help me????

Thank You,

Michael
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links