DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Signal Strength?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Signal Strength?

I have been having issues with battery life since I purchased the phone on Friday the 6th. I've read many posts with different suggestions (dl'ed Automatic Task Killer, *228 option 2, etc.) and tried them all.

One thing I have noticed is that my signal strength goes from Full (4 bars) to Zero (no bars) while sitting on my desk at work. I don't touch the phone or move it at all, but the bars will go from full, to nothing, back to full. When there is no signal I know phones will expend battery power searching for a signal. So this might be part of my issue.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
  2. chun02160
    I'm having similar problem. I just got a Droid 2 days ago and since then, my signal seems unstable.It's strange that when I had another Verizon cellphone, the signal was absolutely full bar stable but my Droid keeps changing randomly, like drop from full to zero..or stay in 2 bars or something. Could anyone help me on this problem? I am kinda worried about not having full signal...
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    While mine does this to some extent, i have NEVER had any problem calling out, or anyone calling me. The sound quality is still 100%. But i have noticed with taskiller if you kill certain apps you will see the 3g get cut off and the signal drop and then it restarts that app and the signal is back 100% again, so just be weary if you are using taskiller of cutting off programs that are google related.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by burgler View Post
    I have been having issues with battery life since I purchased the phone on Friday the 6th. I've read many posts with different suggestions (dl'ed Automatic Task Killer, *228 option 2, etc.) and tried them all.

One thing I have noticed is that my signal strength goes from Full (4 bars) to Zero (no bars) while sitting on my desk at work. I don't touch the phone or move it at all, but the bars will go from full, to nothing, back to full. When there is no signal I know phones will expend battery power searching for a signal. So this might be part of my issue.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
    I am having the same problem but I never have any problems making calls so I dont know what the story is the constant blinking of the service bars.

Links