DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Snooze - adjustable?

  1. Droid Newbie
    wcbkdb's Avatar
    Member #
    2977
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Snooze - adjustable?

    When trying to snooze an event, I can find no way to adjust the snooze time. I would like to be able to snooze an event for variable amnts of time "on the fly" - sometimes 5 mins/10 mins/1 hr/etc. I tried downloading (and buying) Alarming! Alarm Clock and it consistently shut down. I have suffered through yrs of MS phones and can say this is the only thing that I miss. Any suggestions?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    naman919's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    563
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    #2
    Bump.

    BB could do this very easily. Am i just missing something? What is the default snooze anyway? 10 min?

    Where/how do you adjust the snooze?

    Also, when you select one of two calendar alerts, if they occur simultaneously, then the snooze options goes away. wtf? halp!

    EDIT: Moderator can you move this to a more appropriate forum so it can be seen? Thanks!
    Last edited by naman919; 01-15-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  4. Master Droid
    brochaos's Avatar
    Member #
    18653
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Motorola Doid
    #3
    i know the snooze can be adjusted, but i think it's a global setting, not per event.
  5. Senior Droid
    silverx10's Avatar
    Member #
    7876
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    199
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    #4
    In the clock app, hit the Menu key. Press settings.

    Or Preferences.

    Or whatever.

    It'll let you choose different times for the snooze timer. What's more, the updated clock app for 2.1 gives you even MORE intervals for the snooze.
    "The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and voracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."
  6. Master Droid
    mjs31's Avatar
    Member #
    161
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    873
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx10 View Post
    In the clock app, hit the Menu key. Press settings.

    Or Preferences.

    Or whatever.

    It'll let you choose different times for the snooze timer. What's more, the updated clock app for 2.1 gives you even MORE intervals for the snooze.

    Is this also for the calendar? I asked a similar question the other day regarding the calender event snooze. It seems like mine is 5 minutes, but my clock snooze is 10 minutes. I will have to give this a try.

    As for the original posters, I would imagine there will be apps for all of this stuff down the road.

    Update: The snooze setting described is only for the clock and nothing to do with the calendar.
    Last edited by mjs31; 01-17-2010 at 02:47 AM.
  7. Super Moderator
    Corinacakes's Avatar
    Member #
    5472
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,033
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    i got the timer widget from the market. you can set it from 1 second to 24 hours and put as many notifications thingys you want.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!




    If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  8. Master Droid
    naman919's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    563
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx10 View Post
    In the clock app, hit the Menu key. Press settings.

    Or Preferences.

    Or whatever.

    It'll let you choose different times for the snooze timer. What's more, the updated clock app for 2.1 gives you even MORE intervals for the snooze.

    Is this also for the calendar? I asked a similar question the other day regarding the calender event snooze. It seems like mine is 5 minutes, but my clock snooze is 10 minutes. I will have to give this a try.

    As for the original posters, I would imagine there will be apps for all of this stuff down the road.

    Update: The snooze setting described is only for the clock and nothing to do with the calendar.
    Calendar is what i was referring too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    i got the timer widget from the market. you can set it from 1 second to 24 hours and put as many notifications thingys you want.
    Can you elaborate? I'm at work can't check right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  9. Master Droid
    naman919's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    563
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    #8
    bump.

    I'm looking for information about how to snooze a single item in calendar. Several will send a notification at once but i would like to individually snooze them for different times.

    i don't see the advantage of adding a reminder when you select the item. That doesn't seem to work.

    Can someone break down how to snooze one item and how to adjust the snooze time. I would like a 30 min snooze, not 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  10. Master Droid
    naman919's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    563
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    #9
    bump

    10char
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  11. Droid
    jns.das's Avatar
    Member #
    3651
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #10
    Bump,
    The one thing windows mobile did well. When a calendar item reminder opens you have options to snooze this single event. Android handles this poorly. Why wud I want to snooze all items equally? Items shud be listed as events and allow us to prioritize them. Some events can be pushed to tomorrow while others 5 minutes and even still others can be snoozed over and over and over again. If in android I open the item and change the "reminder" its now an event in the past which does not help anyone.

    My two cents
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android app alarm with adjustable snooze
,
galaxy s4 alarm snooze
,
galaxy s4 snooze
,
how do i snooze on my galaxy s4
,
how to change snooze time on galaxy s4
,

how to set snooze on galaxy s4

,
how to snooze a s4
,

how to snooze alarm on galaxy s4

,
snooze galaxy s4
,

what does snooze duration mean

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+