DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: razr won't turn on (only 2 weeks old) :(

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Dead Razr

Ok, just had this problem. Phone died at school plugged into my car charger for 30 minutes to get home. Plugged it in at home. Me and the wife got ready for bed and I read a book for a while. All-in-all about 4 hours on a charger. Unplugged it from the wall and into my computer searching Blackl to see if I had to buy a new phone. had been trying soft reboot for the previous 4 hours. And as it is plugged into the computer it started for me at 5% battery life from 4 hours of charging on and off. This thing needs a car battery to kick start it in the morning, eh?

Died right after I posted this. :-(... Maybe I'll give it a day to recharge...?
    Last edited by Necrious; 02-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Ok, total recharge time. Had it plugged into car charger from 8:30p-9:30p, Had it on a wall charger from 9:30p-12:30a. Hooked it up to my laptop from 12:30a-2:30a. Took it off the laptop and hooked it up to the wall charger. And the light turned red for me. 8 Hours later still didn't have a full charge on it. Total Charge time: 12.5 hours for a full charge from dead.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr
    Does anyone one know why they do this? I set up a bunch of smart actions this morning, which I think might have caused the crash. One of the actions I set was to increase volume to to 100% when I get home. Nothing started my phone, i tried like everything...every button. So I decided my maybe I had to leave this zone and enter a new one so the smart actions would kick in. No dice. But after spamming the volume and power for like 5 minutes, it booted up. I am pretty sure I held the Increase volume and power button, simultaneously. I dont know what the hell it is...but this is my second phone...i got it yesterday. **** this im buying an iphone...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Must have the same battery a Tesla Roadster has
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Just one thing: the USB charger is not meant for deep charging and from what I've seen does not work well for bringing back up an extremely low battery.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  6. MSC
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    My phone did the same thing. Not really sure why the battery went dead so quick. I set up the smart action the day I got it and have never had issues. Been home all day and had not used the phone once since I took it off charger ( completely charged). I used the soft reset tip and that worked but when it came back on the battery was all the way down to 10%. Which is weird b/c I have not used the phone at all today. I was on the phone all morning yesterday and I did not lose that much battery power.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr XT912

Razr won't turn on.

I too had this issue with my Razr not turning on. This is the second one after being replaced for same reason. I read Sawmill's response on a soft restart and tried it. IT WORKED!! Thanks. First time did not work. Tried second time holding in volume button first then applying on/off button, holding both for ten seconds. Works fine all info still there.

Thanks Sawmill!
    Hope this works for you.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    I too had this issue with my Razr not turning on. This is the second one after being replaced for same reason. I read Sawmill's response on a soft restart and tried it. IT WORKED!! Thanks. First time did not work. Tried second time holding in volume button first then applying on/off button, holding both for ten seconds. Works fine all info still there.

Thanks Sawmill!
    Hope this works for you.
    First, did you our anyone else who had this problem charge the phone while powered OFF? Second, Did you fully charge the phone while OFF the very first time you charged the phone BEFORE playing with it our activating it?

I suggest you power of the phone and allow it to charge fully (100%) while OFF and this may resolve your problems. Also, USB on a computer as someone else suggested, doesn't put out as much current as the wall charger and if you are trying to charge from USB you should at least set it to"Charge only" mode on USB. Better still, power it of before plugging in or after plugging in hit the power button and select "Power off".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FoxKat; 03-12-2012 at 09:00 AM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gun1tsneak3rs View Post
    Does anyone one know why they do this? I set up a bunch of smart actions this morning, which I think might have caused the crash. One of the actions I set was to increase volume to to 100% when I get home. Nothing started my phone, i tried like everything...every button. So I decided my maybe I had to leave this zone and enter a new one so the smart actions would kick in. No dice. But after spamming the volume and power for like 5 minutes, it booted up. I am pretty sure I held the Increase volume and power button, simultaneously. I dont know what the hell it is...but this is my second phone...i got it yesterday. **** this im buying an iphone...
    Good luck with the iPhone! I have been down that road before. Droid>iPhone

Had droid from inception day. Decided to see what the hype on the iPhone was. After 2 months....c-ya iPhone!
    Last edited by Droid-Xer; 03-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by h0ckey18 View Post
    im completely okay with getting a new droid razr if it wont turn on which im okay with. the thing im worried about most is if it will delete all of my data and contacts and things like that? next is if i dont have insurance on it yet, will that be a problem? because technically i didnt really destroy it or it got stolen the thing just shut off on me.
    Warranty will cover it
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links