My Droid is now the first phone that does everything but MAKE CALLS!
1) Dropped phone (fell out of shirt pocket onto floor, maybe 2 foot drop).
2) Battery cover fell off, phone did not turn off and battery stayed put.
3) Home screen was still locked as usual
4) Minute later, unlocked screen and saw blank wallpaper, no home screen icons (& no phone icon - no way to call anyone)
5) Pulled slider to left and right, no icons hidden. Pulled menu up, saw all applications as normal.
6) Did a restart. Pulled battery, etc. No effect.
7) Called from another phone. Droid rang and I was able to answer. After hangup, back to the drawing board - no home screen icons.
8) Searched post and found no other ideas as to how to solve this problem. Really do not want to have to put up with some untrained retard down at the Verizon store who will just tell me to call customer service WHEN I CAN'T USE THE ****ING PHONE.
9) THIS close to buying an iPhone right now - please help.