DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid Landscape mode...troubles anyone?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Droid Landscape mode...troubles anyone?

I've notice now that the droid will only go into landscape mode only with the keyboard open. When I first recieved this phone it would go into landscape mode w/o the keyboard being opened.

Now when I open the keyboard and put the droid into landscape mode it remains in landscape mode and won't go back into portrait mode unless I manually force it.

Some say it only goes into LS mode when the keyboard is open - but I remember it going into LS mode W/O the keyboard being open.

What up wit dat?!

3. CDB
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (A855)
    I have one of the first models made and swear my homescreen used to rotate without the keyboard being pulled out. Then one day it stopped. Now I'm forced into using an effin 'home replacement' app for one feature that I know used to be there.

It's retarded that the homescreen doesn't rotate, yet all other included apps (except the phone) do rotate without the keyboard being out. Makes total sense to me...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Your droid's have some issues. Mine goes into landscape (and out again) anytime I want it to.

hmmmm.....
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Motorola has said that the homescreen is only supposed to go into landscape mode when the keyboard is opened. When the phone was first released, some people said their phones were going into landscape mode with opening the keyboard. Either way, this "issue" was fixed and the phone no longer does this.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Mine did this yesterday. My best friend is a tech for Verizon. There is only 2 things that it can be. If you go into the settings/sound & display and under the display settings you will see "orientation". make sure that box is checked. That turns off every once and a while. If that doesnt fix your problem then they told me that it is a known issue and the software upgrade that is coming out in the next 2 weeks is going to fix it. I think that part of it was bull****. I think they just didnt know what to do or say so they said that. But I had your same problem and then when I went to this setting it was unchecked for no reason. I bet that will fix your problem. Let me know how you make out.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Mine started doing the same thing a few days ago. I powered it off, pulled the battery, and then restarted it...now it is working just like before.

Good luck.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by exisbest View Post
    Mine did this yesterday. My best friend is a tech for Verizon. There is only 2 things that it can be. If you go into the settings/sound & display and under the display settings you will see "orientation". make sure that box is checked. That turns off every once and a while. If that doesnt fix your problem then they told me that it is a known issue and the software upgrade that is coming out in the next 2 weeks is going to fix it. I think that part of it was bull****. I think they just didnt know what to do or say so they said that. But I had your same problem and then when I went to this setting it was unchecked for no reason. I bet that will fix your problem. Let me know how you make out.
    Your right! But I did check the box when I first got the phone - but I may have unchecked while playing around the phone's settings.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    The phone never rotated to landscape with the keyboard closed. There have been numerous threads all claiming the same thing. Motorola has stated that the Droid was never designed to do so.
    Anyone experiencing this is mistaken, or has a home replacement installed. Stock Android OS did not/does not rotate to landscape on the home screen with the keyboard closed.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    The phone never rotated to landscape with the keyboard closed. There have been numerous threads all claiming the same thing. Motorola has stated that the Droid was never designed to do so.
    Anyone experiencing this is mistaken, or has a home replacement installed. Stock Android OS did not/does not rotate to landscape on the home screen with the keyboard closed.
    Mine does - it's doing it now. When i hit the browser icon, google comes
    up in LandScape mode and now will not go back into portrait when I rotate the phone.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by butch350 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Mine does - it's doing it now. When i hit the browser icon, google comes
    up in LandScape mode and now will not go back into portrait when I rotate the phone.
    I have a solution for you. And the browser is not the home screen

It's a setting in your browser... open the browser... menu > more > settings > disable 'landscape only display'.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links