DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Outlook email wont send!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Exclamation Outlook email wont send!

help, anyone please.

I just spent two hours on a plane answering and sending emails from my Droid. I normally synch with outlook and have had no problems until today. The Droid was in airplane mode. I turned the phone off for landing, and restarted it at the gate. The problem was that I could receive new emails, but none of the forty emails I wrote were sent. They were stuck in the outbox. At the bottom of the outbox is a "send email" button. I hit it and it did nothing.

I tried restarting several times, hit refresh many times, but nothing. All the emails were just staying in the outbox. Then, when I got to the hotel, I used the forums here for help and updated my outlook settings. Well, that was bad. All the pending emails were deleted!!
    The phone works now, BUT WARNING TO ALL. Do not work in email in airplane mode. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover and send my emails? Does anyone understand what went wrong?
    thanks. I am very frustrated with my DROID right now.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    so sorry! i have no idea how to help but i'll bump ya up so everyone sees it
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID VERIZON
    We seem to have this problem with Droids now. We run Good Mobile Messaging and it works for a week then items get stuck in the outbox. It was exactly 7 days 2 weeks in a row. Very frustrating. No one has any answers either.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ruinah View Post
    We seem to have this problem with Droids now. We run Good Mobile Messaging and it works for a week then items get stuck in the outbox. It was exactly 7 days 2 weeks in a row. Very frustrating. No one has any answers either.
    not sure how Good Mobile Messaging is related to OP's thread.

shuksan, it's possible that your account was having trouble communicating with the server, or there was an issue that was slowing the process down. what did you do that cleared out your messages?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID VERIZON
    why is it that people take a holier than thou attitude when posting to forums? I've never understood that.

Good Mobile Messaging is related because it uses the same process to send mail as the default mail client on the Droid. OP had a problem with sending emails and I said I did too. So how is that not related? I'm not looking for an argumen, I have the exact same issue, emails receive fine but won't send. I have a case open with Good regarding it but they haven't come up with anything yet. Google searches show a lot of issues with email on the Droid. Seems like it's more an OS issue than a client issue.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    why is it that people take a holier than thou attitude when posting to forums? I've never understood that.

Good Mobile Messaging is related because it uses the same process to send mail as the default mail client on the Droid. OP had a problem with sending emails and I said I did too. So how is that not related? I'm not looking for an argumen, I have the exact same issue, emails receive fine but won't send. I have a case open with Good regarding it but they haven't come up with anything yet. Google searches show a lot of issues with email on the Droid. Seems like it's more an OS issue than a client issue.
    if you're referring to Google Talk, then I had no idea. there isn't an app installed on Android 2.x called Google Mobile Messaging.

also, google talk has nothing to do with how the default email client sends and receives messages. OP's issue of losing items from the outbox is not related to GTALK in any way.

even the default email client and teh gmail client use different applications and methods to send/receive email.

so if you could clarify what your issue is, we'd be glad to help.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID VERIZON
    Quote Originally Posted by 640k View Post

if you're referring to Google Talk, then I had no idea. there isn't an app installed on Android 2.x called Google Mobile Messaging.

also, google talk has nothing to do with how the default email client sends and receives messages. OP's issue of losing items from the outbox is not related to GTALK in any way.

even the default email client and teh gmail client use different applications and methods to send/receive email.

so if you could clarify what your issue is, we'd be glad to help.
    I am referring to Good Mobile message, not Google anything really. Good Technology (used to be owned by Motorola) is the site if you want to see what I mean. It's basically corporate push email for mobile phones that enterprises can use in place of blackberry or Microsoft Activesync. It works across a ton of devices like the Droid, iPhone, windows mobile, etc. It's a separate client that gets installed from the marketplace but essentially uses the same mechanism for mail transfer as the built in client. I have GMM deployed on 177 phones in my company but the Droid is what has the problem. I know the client is really new, it's just not complete IMHO. The Good Support team gathered some logfiles and such from the device and are supposed to get back to me later today to see what they see. Incoming emails work, calendar works, etc.

I'm not expecting anyone here to come up with an answer, I was really just throwing it out there that Good Mobile has a similar issue to direct push for Outlook that others have seen so that makes me think it's more device specific than application specific. I do appreciate the responses and offer for help though. This forum is a wealth of information for any Droid owner. I've found tons of useful stuff over the last few months.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I am referring to Good Mobile message, not Google anything really. Good Technology (used to be owned by Motorola) is the site if you want to see what I mean. It's basically corporate push email for mobile phones that enterprises can use in place of blackberry or Microsoft Activesync. It works across a ton of devices like the Droid, iPhone, windows mobile, etc. It's a separate client that gets installed from the marketplace but essentially uses the same mechanism for mail transfer as the built in client. I have GMM deployed on 177 phones in my company but the Droid is what has the problem. I know the client is really new, it's just not complete IMHO. The Good Support team gathered some logfiles and such from the device and are supposed to get back to me later today to see what they see. Incoming emails work, calendar works, etc.

I'm not expecting anyone here to come up with an answer, I was really just throwing it out there that Good Mobile has a similar issue to direct push for Outlook that others have seen so that makes me think it's more device specific than application specific. I do appreciate the responses and offer for help though. This forum is a wealth of information for any Droid owner. I've found tons of useful stuff over the last few months.
    this was a much better response than your first attempt. now that i understand what you are referring to, we can all work from the same page. i think you might have come in here under the assumption that we all knew what you were referring to. it's hard to tell from newer members if they mean what they say.

with that said, i suspect there's some disconnect between the data block of airplane mode and communication back to the applications that it's safe to send these pending items.

i've been able to send draft items without fail, so there is definitely some sort of communication failure between system and app that is occurring.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I am also having a problem with Good Mobile Messaging and items getting stuck in the outbox?

Good Mobile Messaging has been working fine and then last week it started queuing email in the outbox.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID VERIZON
    ok an update to this issue. The phone I had been working with I ended up removing Good Mobile and just setting up Exchange Activesync direct. It worked for a few days and then the person traveled to the west coast and guess what? It stopped sending emails again! He can receive just fine but cannot send outbound. This is clearly a problem with the Droid and not exchange or Good.

Is there a way to submit something like this to Motorola? I know others have the issue with the Exchange settings wiped out and I read somewhere it appeared they were working on that but I'd lik to submit a bug report to them to look at if that's possible. Anyone know any avenues? Verizon support would be useless for something like this. They'd have me hard reset and then send a replacement phone.

On my Droid, I haven't had any email sync issues until today. Gmail stopped receiving push emails for some reason. I turned the phone off and then back on and it sync'd up just fine. I can't push these phones out corporately with these issues. I have a lot of demand for the Droid but without solid email it won't fly. It's a shame too because I really love the phone personally.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links