DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon SUCKS!!! We want the "DROID" that "DOES"

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Verizon SUCKS!!! We want the "DROID" that "DOES"

Why has Verizon put sooo many restrictions on this ground breaking phone!?!?!

It seems like every Technical/Spec error I get, I have someone saying Verizon doesn't allow this or that....

Where is this "Droid" that "Does"????

We want to "Connect" our phones via bluetooth not just pair
    We want to share photos and videos using bluetooth
    We want to share Ringtones through SMS
    We want to send videos and notifications through SMS
    We don't need MMS conversion to not be accepted
    We want to take screen shots of our BEAUTIFUL phone
    WE WANT THE DROID THAT DOES!

EDIT*** I am sure other users have found other things not capable, these are just the issues I have found so far!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I'm not sure how any of this is because of Verizon Wireless restrictions. Do you think any of this is because of the manufacturer or software that might need more development?
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate08 View Post

It seems like every Technical/Spec error I get, I have someone saying Verizon doesn't allow this or that....

We want to share photos and videos using bluetooth Can be done
    We want to share Ringtones through SMS Can be done
    We want to send videos and notifications through SMS Can be done
    We don't need MMS conversion to not be accepted Is Accepted
    We want to take screen shots of our BEAUTIFUL phone Can be done
    WE WANT THE DROID THAT DOES! DROID DOES

EDIT*** I am sure other users have found other things not capable, these are just the issues I have found so far!
    Learn your phone and use the market. That will answer all your questions. Better Yet.......seach the forum for your answers.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Many of the things you mention here are not Verizon issues. Any Bluetooth issues are Google issues, not Verizon.

Screen shots can be done, they are done all the time it's just a bit more complicated. Again that is not a Verizon issue. And there SHOULD be an app for it IMHO.

Verizon as a provider is huge and one of the main reasons people wanted the Droid so they could use their network. I don't know what your issues are with MMS, but perhaps I don't use the phone the same way you do. When I send an MMS I use handcent and it works just fine. Sending ringtones, that I don't understand it must be a generation thing (I'm an old fart). So if that's a Verizon thing then I'll take you at your word on that.

This is a first generation phone and you got to expect that it's not going to be perfect. Did you own a smart phone prior to the Droid? I did and it didn't even come close to the Droids capabilities.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    I'm not sure how any of this is because of Verizon Wireless restrictions. Do you think any of this is because of the manufacturer or software that might need more development?

At this point.... I don't know EXACTLY what the issue is.....

But I am notthe MOST tech savvy person, but every time I post an issue.... I have at least someone posting, "Verizon restrict this"
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

My question is were you thinking the title would get more attention? One more time for everyone. VZW has nothing ) absolutly NOTHING to do with the OS. This is a Google experience device. Write a letter to Google or Motorla if you feel like that will help you. Now i see someone else has pointed out that the Droid does most of that. Let's see where this discussion goes
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post

^^^^^ If my phone can't "connect" with other phones only pair, how can you send ANYTHING?!?!? Just tried it yesterday with a Verizon phone & AT&T phone
    ^^^^^ I have tried Handcent and Chomp and you can look up my started thread I have over 50+ posts about people having the same issue. "File size too large"
    ^^^^^Just tried it yesterday, and the file "SENT" but not accepted Verizon phone & AT&T phone DELETED the file.
    ^^^^^Only with a home screen replacement, yes. How about everyone that doesn't have a home replacement OR ROOTED phone voiding contract

Learn your phone and use the market. That will answer all your questions. Better Yet.......seach the forum for your answers.
    I don't know what Cracked out Droid YOU HAVE!!!! but you can take my droid right now and try to do any of the above and I'll give you $100 if it works! Verizon fanboy over here^^^
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Nate, that wasn't the only reply you got on your thread. I have the feeling that you're arguing just to argue and I didn't understand the "Verizon Fanboy" comment at the end.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post

^^^^^ If my phone can't "connect" with other phones only pair, how can you send ANYTHING?!?!? Just tried it yesterday with a Verizon phone & AT&T phone
    ^^^^^ I have tried Handcent and Chomp and you can look up my started thread I have over 50+ posts about people having the same issue. "File size too large"
    ^^^^^Just tried it yesterday, and the file "SENT" but not accepted Verizon phone & AT&T phone DELETED the file.
    ^^^^^Only with a home screen replacement, yes. How about everyone that doesn't have a home replacement OR ROOTED phone voiding contract

I don't know what Cracked out Droid YOU HAVE!!!! but you can take my droid right now and try to do any of the above and I'll give you $100 if it works! Verizon fanboy over here^^^

Nate please settle down a little. Calling names isn't welcome on this site. If you wish to continue this thread lease do do so. Do it in a adult manner though
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Nate, that wasn't the only reply you got on your thread. I have the feeling that you're arguing just to argue and I didn't understand the "Verizon Fanboy" comment at the end.
    Apparently school was cancelled today. We overlook the absurdity of the message thread name, try to help, and we're fanboys. Simple searches will yield the answers to the o.p.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links