DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: screen not working, can hardly use!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid global x 2

screen not working, can hardly use!

my droid screen has been torchering me from the first week ive gotten it. the screen will not work, not let me touch home or back, select random things, tool bar jumps up and down, call people, hang up calls, twitches randomly, and i cant type anything cuz it either wont work or its highlighted and deleted. the list goe son and on. it even deletes people! this happens from time to time but its been 3 days now and im hardly able to use it. whenever i bring it to the stores it stops happening convieniently and they dont tell me anything. idk how to fix it or if i should just order a new one. help?
    Last edited by thatswishyfishy; 10-30-2011 at 05:03 PM.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thatswishyfishy View Post
    my droid screen has been torchering me from the first week ive gotten it. the screen will not work, not let me touch home or back, select random things, tool bar jumps up and down, call people, hang up calls, twitches randomly, and i cant type anything cuz it either wont work or its highlighted and deleted. the list goe son and on. it even deletes people! this happens from time to time but its been 3 days now and im hardly able to use it. whenever i bring it to the stores it stops happening convieniently and they dont tell me anything. idk how to fix it or if i should just order a new one. help?
    The first and most obvious question is does this stuff start happening when you have it cabled to a charger or a PC? If so, that is the issue. You must use a stock charger and a stock cable (in most cases). Some off-brand chargers and cables will work, but it seems that most will not. If they do not work, they produce the crazy kind of results you are experiencing. Otherwise, you have a digitizer that is going bad.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid global x 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    The first and most obvious question is does this stuff start happening when you have it cabled to a charger or a PC? If so, that is the issue. You must use a stock charger and a stock cable (in most cases). Some off-brand chargers and cables will work, but it seems that most will not. If they do not work, they produce the crazy kind of results you are experiencing. Otherwise, you have a digitizer that is going bad.

Good luck.
    ive only used the charger it came with. should i just go and order a new one?

Links