I have Droid 2 Global on Verizon. It is rooted and it had the Clockwork Recovery on it.
I tried upgrading it a couple days ago OTA to Gingerbread but the install would fail all the time. Finally I found out that the problem was due to the Clockwork software. I followed these instructions to remove it:
2. Get root explorer in the market
3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.
I misread step 8 and made a mistake renaming the file. And after I rebooted the phone would go into the boot loop.
I figured I would run the system recovery (Power + X) and restore everything to the system default, but the recovery chokes on me and at some point I get an error stating that the logwrapper file cannot be read or located. Something like this.
My question is can I access somehow the file system on my phone now. Maybe in the recovery mode with USB?
Thanks a lot.